title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nested Windows 11 context menu items

Re: Nested Windows 11 context menu items

Quote Originally Posted by ForSerious View Post
    Well I'm bummed now. Just updated to 2023-12-22 and now I only have the grouped menu. That adds an extra click to get to what I need. I'd rather have both if that's what I have to choose between.
    The singular dBpoweramp submenu appears for WAV files, but not FLAC files, for those the duplication remains.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I keep clicking 'Reply to Thread' instead of 'Post Quick Reply'. It clears what I had written, so I think it posted.

I reverted back to the previous build, because this new "fix" for the duplication results in different behavior for WAV files than for FLAC files, and it's confusing/disconcerting to have the menu structure different each time (I work with WAV and FLAC files constantly). So, I'll wait for another fix.

Administrator

The next version will create an option to have win11 only, win11 + old, or just old.

great, thank you! Any idea why I'd be getting one behavior for WAV files and different behavior for FLAC files?

Super Moderator

Detailed mitigation instructions here:
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...roubleshooting

To help us understand this problem better, I'd like you to run ShellExView: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
    Check: Options / Hide All Microsoft Extensions
    Save and post report of shown items. Perhaps the answer is there somewhere, I'll try to install the same combination of software interacting with Explorer as you have.

Regarding WAV vs FLAC,
    I'd like to see registry exports of HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.wav and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.flac if possible.
    You can email to peter@dbpoweramp.com instead of posting here if it's more convenient that way.

Thanks.

Thanks! After following the above instructions (disabling the cascaded menu, enabling the classic menu, and importing the.reg file), I now have the desired behavior on both WAV and FLAC files, with no duplication.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you Peter! My menus are all fix up now.