title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tagging/Labeling CD Singles vs Albums

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chaz34
    • Mar 2023

Tagging/Labeling CD Singles vs Albums

Hi,
    I have a great number of CD singles in my collection and I would like to distinguish them differently than a regular album. Currently, when looking at the folder names after ripping, unless I open up the folder to see how many tracks are there, its hard to know which is a single and which is an album.

Here is my current naming scheme:

Current dynamic naming:
    [MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]/[MAXLENGTH]80,[year] - [album] (FLAC)[]/[MAXLENGTH]80,[track]-[artist] - [title][]

And here is what my album folder name looks like in my library:
    1985 - Megatop Phoenix (FLAC)

I would like to rip a CD single and have the folder name look something like this:
    1991 - Rush (Single, FLAC)

I see Musicbrainz has a "Type" tag (for album or single) but I cannot make the connection and bringing that tag over. Is there a simple way to do this dynamically? Is a single vs album encoded on the CD directly? Thank you in advance!
  • Chaz34
    • Mar 2023

Re: Tagging/Labeling CD Singles vs Albums

Hi @simbun,
    Thank you for your reply. I do have a Blur "single" with 6 tracks actually and its tagged that way on Musicbrainz. So the string you suggested would work, I just need to keep adding numbers.

I could also have a different profile as you suggested. I wanted to not have to switch between them but may have to. I appreciate the reply.

Comment

• Dat Ei
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2014

Mike Oldfield's album "Amorok" has just one 60 min lasting track.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

I would define two profiles, one for albums, one for singles.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Chaz34
          • Mar 2023

Thank you everyone. I have a number of singles that are 6 tracks and others that are only 3 so I think it makes sense to go with different profiles. The link simbun provided defining single vs EP vs album shows platforms look at them differently. I will stick with a manual process. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...

]]>