title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting SPC Files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Converting SPC Files

Since there is no available codec for converting from spc to mp3 directly, I found this Winamp plugin at http://www.alpha-ii.com/Download/Main.html#SNESAmp and attempted to use the Winamp plugin converter codec. I copied the necessary files, but dbPowerAmp refuses to recognize the file type that the plugin uses and won't allow me to even try to convert.

Am I overcomplicating things or is this just a non-compatible plugin or am I just being stupid and doing something wrong?

Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converting SPC Files

Have a look in dMC Configuration for the decoders that it knows about (it should list that winamp one if it is working).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RossRoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2003

Or you could probably use the WAV-Writer output in WinAMP that will create a WAV file on your hard disk instead of playing back the file through the speakers.

Comment

• Unregistered

It does list the Winamp Input Adaptor in dmc Configuration, but the file extension it has listed is .1234567890ABCDEF12...... and so on. I could look for this in the registry maybe, but I can also try the wave output too. That'll take forever! Can I change that extension to the right one?

Thanks for all of the help you've given me

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It gets the extension from the plugin, I am guessing that no plug is it detected (the in_xxx.dll) has been moved to the correct dbpoweramp folder?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I did move the file, but it turns out the extension that the plug-in uses is really strange and dbc doesn't know how to interpret it. A different plug-in worked.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...

]]>