title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

In simple terms, what is Asset UPnP?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wdixon
    • Nov 2023

In simple terms, what is Asset UPnP?

I'm a non-audiophile, basically here checking out your CD Ripping software. I don't know enough about audio stuff to understand 90% of your description of Asset UPnP.

Basically, I'm trying to set up a very simple means to listen to my ripped audio CDs. What I have in mind is:
    NAS drive holding .flac files --> Raspberry Pi with AMP HAT --> passive speakers

To my uninformed mind, Asset UPnP might be software I can load on the Pi to be able to pick and choose what I want to listen to. Or it might not.

Could someone tell me what this piece of software is, in very simple words?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: In simple terms, what is Asset UPnP?

It is an UPnP audio server, you would need also a UPnP audio player to play from it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wdixon
      • Nov 2023

I guess I don't need it then. Thanks.

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by wdixon
        I guess I don't need it then. Thanks.
        It depends what you're installing on the Pi, as it may already come with some indexing and controller software e.g. Volumio.

In a standard setup you'd install a UPnP server on the NAS to process all your files (read tags and file attributes), then using a controller (BubbleUPnP or mconnect app on your phone) you'd browse your collection and choose your renderer/player.
        Last edited by simbun; 11-14-2023, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>