title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

USB thumb drive not recognized

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digital4fun
    • Nov 2023

USB thumb drive not recognized

Hello all,

I've been happily converting FLAC files to MP3 without an issue until recently. The Flac files are on an external SSD drive and were converted to MP3 using Music Converter and saved onto a USB thumb drive. Everything was fine until this morning and all of a sudden the USB thumb drive does not appear in Music Converter. The SSD drive does appear. I can see both of the drives on my MacBook Pro desktop.

Any idea what the issue may be here?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: USB thumb drive not recognized

Where exactly does it not appear?

In "Output To" dropdown list, if you choose "Single Folder", can you pick it there or is it missing?

Comment

• digital4fun
      • Nov 2023

Originally posted by PeterP
      Where exactly does it not appear?

In "Output To" dropdown list, if you choose "Single Folder", can you pick it there or is it missing?
      It is missing entirely. The only drive available is the SSD drive that contain the Flac files. I want to put the mp3 files on a thumb drive.

Of course I've tried rebooting to no avail.

I may need to reinstall the software if all else fails.

Comment

• digital4fun
        • Nov 2023

Originally posted by digital4fun
        It is missing entirely. The only drive available is the SSD drive that contain the Flac files. I want to put the mp3 files on a thumb drive.

Of course I've tried rebooting to no avail.

I may need to reinstall the software if all else fails.
        I installed a new Music Converter software update again and all is well again.

Back to converting Flac to mp3!

Comment

Working...

]]>