title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error ripping first track

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Laurel
    • Nov 2023

Error ripping first track

Hi all, i have been looking for answers.

I run 2 cd drives, ripping cds to FLAC files have been perfect until now.

When ripping now both cd drives come up with error on the first track, I have tried everything and nothing seems to be working. I am beyond frustrated as with the exchange rate for Purchase from USD to AUS this program has cost me close to $90 AUD

Can someone please help me. Cheers Laurel

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\laure\Music\Duran Duran\Astronaut\01 Duran Duran - (Reach Up For The) Sunrise.flac'
    Silence track detected, ReplayGain track tag not generated, track gain 0.00dB [clDSP::EndConversion]
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 15410 (3:25) in 0:00. Filename: C:\Users\laure\Music\Duran Duran\Astronaut\01 Duran Duran - (Reach Up For The) Sunrise.flac
    [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 44FAE59C AccurateRip CRC: 00000000 [DiscID: 012-00152465-00ca7c75-b80e320d-1]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\laure\Music\Duran Duran\Astronaut\01 Duran Duran - (Reach Up For The) Sunrise.flac'
    Could not save cover art: (win:5)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error ripping first track

For any disc you try?

Try setting the ripping mode to Burst as a test, does that work?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Laurel
      • Nov 2023

Hi, tried that still has same error

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Are you getting errors ripping first track of any CD you try, or is it only this particular CD?

Comment

• Laurel
          • Nov 2023

ATM it is any CD I try, I don't understand why. All of my CDs are in mint condition, no scratches or dirty marks.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

If it is happening on first track of any CD, it is not your CDs. Something else going on. Normally I would say it is a drive problem, but you are saying you get EXACTLY the same error message when ripping a CD to either of your two drives. So unlikely a drive problem. Next I would look at network problems when ripping to a destination other than your ripping computers HDD. But you are ripping to a destination on the same computer as your CD ripper software (not a NAS, etc.), so that is not the problem.

If it were me, at this point I would likely uninstall dbpoweramp then reinstall it just to make sure nothing has gotten corrupted. This is not likely the problem (as it rips tracks 2 and higher just fine). But can't hurt. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas. @spoon will need to chime in. Good luck.

Comment

• Laurel
              • Nov 2023

Ok thanks will uninstall then install see if that works Cheers

Comment

• Laurel
                • Nov 2023

Ok!! have uninstalled and reinstalled dbpoweramp, and the issues is still there

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

Ok. It is probably something simple, as this is not a general problem with the software itself, but I'm out of ideas. I hope others can chime in with ideas, including @spoon.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Try:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

and reset the settings, do a rip after install without changing anything.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Laurel
                      • Nov 2023

Thanks so much for that Spoon, worked a treat Cheers Laurel

Comment

Working...

]]>