title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Reviewing insecure rips

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikeno
    • Jan 2020

Reviewing insecure rips

Hello,

i) Is there some quick way to find out the time stamp of the errors that occurred during an insecure rip and listen to the corresponding audio, to see if the problem is worth serious or not? It's hard to know whether it's worth trying to re-rip and fix, as one has no idea where in the track the problem is located.

ii) Is there a way to disable disc metadata lookup? I prefer to enter stuff manually, since most of what I have is not found or not correctly reported by the databases.

Thanks,

Nike
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Reviewing insecure rips

You can uncheck the providers from the metadata menu.

There is no stamp of the error if it was from AccurateRip verification as that is track based.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nikeno
      • Jan 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
      You can uncheck the providers from the metadata menu.

There is no stamp of the error if it was from AccurateRip verification as that is track based.
      Thanks. Just to be clear

on item (i) where is the metadata menu? I don't see it. I am on a Mac, running version 17.4

on item (ii): so if a 5 minute track is reported as insecure, there's no way to find the problem without listening to the whole track? That seems unfortunate. I just want to know approximately what time in the track the unrecovered fares occur; is that stored anywhere? Typically what happens is that there are 200+ frames that ne to be re-ripped, and the procedure aborts because it takes too long and stresses the drive. So I want to listed to the corresponding bit of audio to see what it sounds like (I have mostly old audiobook CDs).

Thanks

Nike

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Green options button >> Active Providers

You could enable the secure ripping log, this will inform of the location of the bad frames as they are ripped, but if abort then almost certainly there are errors.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>