title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpoweramp keeps ejecting the disc - Mac Monterey

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wbt0927
    • Oct 2023

dBpoweramp keeps ejecting the disc - Mac Monterey

I downloaded the trial version of dBpoweramp because I'm desperate to get away from XLD (too much metadata missing/ glacially slow rips) and I'm willing to pay for dB if it works well. However, after going through the setup and entering the parameters the disc keeps getting ejected shortly after it spins up and flashes the album data. I've checked permissions in settings for Files and Folders and Full Disk Access. I've also tried using different CDs, and I've even tried using a different Mac with the Sonoma update. No difference; nothing seems to work. I have heard good things about dBpoweramp and would like to make it my go-to ripper, but it has to work well. Any suggestions as to what may be wrong. Thank you for your time. Bill
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpoweramp keeps ejecting the disc - Mac Monterey

You insert the CD, the metadata comes in then the disc ejects without you doing anything?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wbt0927
      • Oct 2023

Yes. The the cover art and track list flashes on the screen for a second or two and then the disc is ejected and the metadata disappears. Like I said, I'm new to dBpoweramp and maybe I set something up wrong. I followed the beginner instructions on the setup guide. I tried two different external drives but it did the same thing. I'm not sure what else to try. Thank you for the reply. Bill

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What happens if you quit dBpoweramp and insert an Audio CD? does it still eject?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wbt0927
          • Oct 2023

No. I quit dBpoweramp and the disc did not eject. The disc is listed in Finder and I have to click on the eject button in Finder to eject it.

Comment

• PeterP
            Super Moderator
            • Jul 2011

Please try:

Disk manipulation routines have been cleaned up so there's a chance the problem is fixed.

If the bug persists, please trigger the spurious eject with the new build, then send contents of ~/Library/dBpoweramp/AppLog.txt file - it will log disc eject events and why it tried to eject the disc.
            To access the folder in Finder: Cmd+Shift+G, type ~/Library/dBpoweramp

Comment

• wbt0927
              • Oct 2023

Peter: It still ejected the disc with the new buildClick image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 7.04.23 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	294717. It looked for the disc for 20-30 seconds and then "No Disc Found" and ejected it. Thanks Bill

Comment

• PeterP
                Super Moderator
                • Jul 2011

Thanks for the details.

Log suggest dBpoweramp doesn't specifically try to eject the disc, but some disc access error is triggering an eject event.

What exact optical drive are you using? Did you use the same drive on both macs that you tried dBpoweramp on? Can you please try using a different drive?

Any specific software installed on your macs that could possibly interrupt disk access? Anti-virus etc?

Here are some old versions of dBpoweramp:

Does any of them work without ejecting discs? If yes, what's the last good / first problematic version?

Comment

• wbt0927
                  • Oct 2023

Peter:I've been using an Apple Superdrive and an Asus drive. I don't think there is any other application interrupting disc access because XLD still works most of the time. Today I tried to rip a disc one more time with the latest version on dBpoweramp before I tried the older versions and it worked! It ripped the disc and found the cover art. I tried to rip 3 more discs and dBpoweramp responded with "No disc inserted." I tried the disc that ripped earlier and got the message "No disc inserted." I then tried all 13 of the earlier versions of dBpoweramp and got nothing but- "No disc inserted" on all of them on both drives. I was using a newer MacBook Pro with the Sonoma Os. I had no better luck with an older laptop running Monterey. Why would one disc rip properly and then fail to rip ten minutes later because dBpoweramp can't see the disc any longer? I can't imagine what the problem could be. Thanks Bill

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

What if you power cycle the cd drive?
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>