title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

opera CDs ripped to flac ok but are streamed random order

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crd1230
    • Apr 2012

opera CDs ripped to flac ok but are streamed random order

My apologies for troubling those more expert than I and could not find an existing thread on my problem. I have a collection of opera multi cd sets which I rip with DBPoweramp CD Ripper. I rip to flac and store music on a qnap nas where again the CDs seem properly stored re file order. I stream using Twonky and Linn but at this point the track order changes apparently randomly so an overture is played late in the disc and other tracks are incorrectly ordered.

Is there a short cut to change this or am I faced with re-ripping the entire collection to rip as one? is there another solution?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: opera CDs ripped to flac ok but are streamed random order

I assume you haven't accidentally turned on "random play" on your player/server. I'm not familiar with Twonky, but perhaps it is playing the tracks in alphabetical order (you can test this by starting an album playing and noting whether the order is alphabetical). If this is the case, it may mean that the server is using track name or file name. If it is file name, you can fix this by using disk number and track number (e.g., 1.1 - title, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc) for your file names.

Comment

• crd1230
      • Apr 2012

Re: opera CDs ripped to flac ok but are streamed random order

Thank you for your contribution. i checked the navigation tree settings on twonky(in response to another website actually) and changed this to a simpler version. it now appears to work properly.

Comment

Working...

]]>