title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album art missing using iPad/iMac/Naim NDX

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Happychappy
    • Oct 2023

Album art missing using iPad/iMac/Naim NDX

Hi folks

I am an audio enthusiast that has recently joined the streaming digital revolution, bit late I know, but I am now here and trying to make the most of finally accepting that I really need this platform.

After a near faultless experience with a WIIM streamer attached to my audio equipment I decided to go the full hog and purchased a pre-loved Naim NDX BT (2015 build) to use to play files stored on my iMac (2022 build) via the Naim app.

At first I couldn’t get the NDX to work and was advised on an audio forum that I needed Asset UPnP software, I downloaded this and amazingly enough it was working! To an extent…

Unfortunately I have a problem with the album art, a fair amount of album art does not display on the Naim app on the initial artist/album selection screen, but upon selecting the info “book” icon is displays on the book.

I have started to research this and one suggestion on this forum was to download “plug player” but this seems to be ipunavailable now.

Are there any other suggestions please?

I think it’s best to admit that my computer experience is very poor and does get me a bit confused so I would appreciate it if answers could be as simplistic as possible

Thank you very much for any input.
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2021

Re: Album art missing using iPad/iMac/Naim NDX

If you use the WiiM Home App (or mconnect Lite app) to browse your AssetUPnP library does it show all the missing artwork?

Comment

• Happychappy
      • Oct 2023

Re: Album art missing using iPad/iMac/Naim NDX

When initially using the Wiim I had no need to use the Asset UPnP software on the iMac as the Wiim connected fine and the iMac was controlled directly via the Apple Remote app displaying all album artwork.

The problem is now that I am using a Naim NDX this needs the UPnP software to connect to the iMac.

I will try to connect the Wiim to the iMac and use Asset over the next couple of days
      Last edited by Happychappy; 11-05-2023, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• Happychappy
        • Oct 2023

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

I have reconnected the Wiim mini streamer and selected the Asset UPnp ;iMac and unfortunately the album art situation is exactly the same as on the Naim app with missing album artwork.

Would a re-rip of all the CDs using DBPoweramp rectify this?

Or perhaps using perfectTUNES?

Thanks for any help

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

PerfectTUNES will help diagnose if any of your albums are missing art and will allow to add the art.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>