title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter not converting mp3 files to new bitrate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcbahr
    • Mar 2011

Music Converter not converting mp3 files to new bitrate

Hi there, Running DMC on Windows 10, have DBPoweramp 2023-10-10 Reference

I have 8 cores running conversion, but when I convert a file from, say, 320 kbps to 192 kbps, or 192 to 128 kbps mp3, Nothing happens! I get asked if I want to overwrite the files, I do, and it converts, but when I look at the file properties, it still has the bitrate that it originally was. I have tried with batch converter, converting over 1k files, and I have tried with just 10 files and even just 1 file, but the mp3 bitrate stays the same. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? It's probably something very small. Also just FYI I'm blind so maybe my screen reader isn't reading me something that I need to check? I'm converting this classical set for use on my phone, hence the smaller conversion. Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find a thread with similar title. Do I just uninstall everything and then reinstall?

Thanks, Dave
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music Converter not converting mp3 files to new bitrate

Convert to a different location, then you can be sure that the new files are not the old ones.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>