title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discogs lookup fails on Manual Metadata Search

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theodrick
    • Oct 2023

Discogs lookup fails on Manual Metadata Search

Hi,

Most of the time the Ripper gets metadata from discogs, musicbrainz, etc. without any problem. However, if that fails, then the "Manual Metadata Search" box pops up, and then I cannot get the ripper to get the CD information from discogs. When I copy the URL for a release or master page on Discogs, I can see that CD Ripper is trying to query Discogs (and I can see with a packet sniffer that an HTML query is being sent to api.discogs.com), but it always comes back with "no results found" even when the information on discogs clearly exists. For example: https://www.discogs.com/release/1824...hats-Been-Done

I saw on another thread that this works better if the URL is truncated to omit the text after the release number, for example: https://www.discogs.com/release/1824567 , however this still doesn't work for me in CD Ripper. Does anyone know what URL CD Ripper is trying to use to query Discogs?

If I copy a release URL from MusicBrainz, then CD Ripper successfully gets the data from MusicBrainz, but the MusicBrainz database is much more limited than Discogs.

Can anyone help with this? I am using dBpoweramp release 2023-10-10 [64-bit] on Windows 7 (yeah, yeah, I know).

Thanks in advance,

Theodric
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Discogs lookup fails on Manual Metadata Search

Using 2023-10-10 here, your 2 links work for me, when the page is open if either of those links are copied to the clipboard the track details are read.

Perhaps you have a program which blocks it, try starting Windows in safemode with networking:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>