title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AccurateRip - AYFKM? 50+ discs and still no "Key Disc"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeyItsTodd
    • Sep 2014

AccurateRip - AYFKM? 50+ discs and still no "Key Disc"?

Drive: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0
    In Database: Yes
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Drive Database.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	297834

This drive was removed from a computer after the motherboard died. It had been used for YEARS with dbPowerAmp / CD Ripper. It was placed into a newly built computer. It is detected as the same model it was previously, and is in the database (see attached image).

Now, after over 50 CD's, I have a ton which generate the message
    "This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection it does not match the AccurateRip stored disc, or your drive does not exist in AccurateRip and this disc has multiple pressings stored. Please try a different Key Disc."

Name:	Key Disc cannot be used.png
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	297835

I have exactly one which generates the message
    "AccurateRip needs to verify the offset generated , for this it needs 3 Key Discs that give the same offset, please insert another 'Key Disc'. [Calculated offset value: +16 samples, +64 bytes. ]"

Name:	CD Ripper - Needs 3.png
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	297833

I guess that means I need two more sacred discs to finish verification?

I am running Windows 11 Pro, updated to today.
    I am using CDGRAB.EXE v 16.6.0.2 with elevated administrator privileges (the Windows account is a user account). The application successfully pulls down Artist/Track info, so it is not blocked by the Windows firewall.

This is the same physical drive using CD's which it has successfully ripped before, using Secure Mode and AccurateRip. What on earth is going on? I have gotten great value out of this program over the years, but this is taking all of the joy out of the process. What can I do to get the damn thing to run the way it did previously?
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: AccurateRip - AYFKM? 50+ discs and still no "Key Disc"?

Keep feeding CDs! The drive has to be verified and recognized on your new computer. Therefore dBpa needs to read three key discs.

Dat Ei

Comment

• simbun
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2021

You want to avoid popular older releases as they'll likely have reissues.

Have you tried any cheesy Various Artist compilations? My girlfriend loves them and so does AccurateRip
      I just tried one she bought 6 months ago and it's recognised as a Key Disc.

Comment

• HeyItsTodd
        • Sep 2014

I'm probably screwed - I went digital around 2003 and have very few discs from later than that. I did NOT have to go through this in previous installations.

Comment

• simbun
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2021

deleted
          Last edited by simbun; 09-26-2023, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• HeyItsTodd
            • Sep 2014

This is asinine. I have tried 250 CD's. The best I can do is get three discs to get to the configuration stage

Name:	AccurateRip will not key.png
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	294715

I repeat that this drive was used with this version of CD Ripper with these CD's. What the hell is going on?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Your sample offset +16 does not match the +6 of the 800 or so people who have this drive, your drive perhaps has a problem.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HeyItsTodd
                • Sep 2014

I find this coincidental failure odd - the drive was removed from one case and placed in the other, with no down time to collect dust, get dropped, etc. It is now in a much faster machine (from 13-year old AMD chip to an AMD Ryzen 7 7700x chip). The cabling is new and from a quality company. I've spent more than enough time fighting it, and will now go ahead and buy a replacement after scanning the compatibility database.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Comment

• GBrown
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by HeyItsTodd
                  I find this coincidental failure odd - the drive was removed from one case and placed in the other, with no down time to collect dust, get dropped, etc. It is now in a much faster machine (from 13-year old AMD chip to an AMD Ryzen 7 7700x chip). The cabling is new and from a quality company. I've spent more than enough time fighting it, and will now go ahead and buy a replacement after scanning the compatibility database.
                  A 13 year old optical drive that has been used to rip a lot of CDs is likely past it's prime. They definitely have a limited lifespan. If you had some troublesome discs that dBPoweramp or other software had to do a deep dive to try and rip the data, it can shorten this further. I have a couple of drives and find I have to replace them every 4-5 years max.

Comment

• simbun
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2021

Would be interesting to see what AccurateRip results you get from as ExactAudioCopy rip, as you can manually specify an offset if one isn't detected.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

EAC uses the same DLLs as dBpoweramp, even manually setting the offset would not use AccurateRip on Windows, it has to key.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simbun
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Spoon
                        EAC uses the same DLLs as dBpoweramp, even manually setting the offset would not use AccurateRip on Windows, it has to key.
                        I hadn't appreciated that the rip wouldn't be verified with AccurateRip afterwards - I suppose you could use PerfectTunes - I thought that was just for the configuration step, although it would have to prevent submission too.

I was just trying to think of a way to get an offset corrected rip in order to test the drive/cabling e.t.c.

Comment

Working...

]]>