title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Getting correct cover files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghibliss
    • Jun 2013

Re: Getting correct cover files

Albumartexchange.com has the best cover art files in high resolution that I have found anywhere on the internet.

Comment

• schmidj
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2013

My scanner sits right next to the computer I rip with. Long ago I discovered it is usually faster to just scan the artwork myself if nothing good comes up quickly than to go searching around the Internet. A good part of my collection is Caribbean music issued on small labels with little, if any, Internet presence.

And personally, I don't spend much time fretting about the artwork anyway. Much of my listening is while driving in the car. My car infotainment system refuses to display the artwork embedded in the music files. Instead, it pulls often incorrect images from Gracenote. Classic example, I have a CD from a Trinidadian Parang group, Los Carpenteros. My car displays a photo of the American folk group The Carpenters, ignoring the CD artwork metadata embedded in the m4a files.

And at home, where my players do display the correct embedded artwork, the image on the player is small enough that low resolution isn't particularly visible anyway.

What I find missing from the metadata sources and the players is any way to present the informative booklets that came with some CDs. I miss being able to read them.

Comment

• GBrown
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by ghibliss
        Albumartexchange.com has the best cover art files in high resolution that I have found anywhere on the internet.
        Agreed. You do have to register to get full access, but it is free. There are a few discs I have searched for that they don't have, but for most they do and in some cases they have alternative covers from various global releases. This is my first stop for every new disc.

Comment

• simbun
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2021

Originally posted by schmidj
          What I find missing from the metadata sources and the players is any way to present the informative booklets that came with some CDs. I miss being able to read them.
          If you've scanned the booklets there are a couple of UPnP apps that allow you to view them. Unfortunately the two I'm aware of are both on Android, namely BubbleUPnP and Hi-Fi Cast. Both will render any html that's passed to them via the <dc:description> tag.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BubbleUPnP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	294745

Comment

• miggs
            • Jul 2020

Originally posted by ghibliss
            Don't bother with AlbumArtExchange. Even though they have great high res album covers, I will never go there again. I gave up after they kept blocking me. I even donated money, which they gladly accepted. Then blocked me again. They said I downloaded too many images. I even tried to upload some images of my own that weren't in the database. They rejected them as they were not up to their standard.
            Defiantly would waste my time again.

They seem to be of the opinion that you can look, but not download. It's a shame, as it's such a great site.

Comment

• GBrown
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by miggs
              Don't bother with AlbumArtExchange. Even though they have great high res album covers, I will never go there again. I gave up after they kept blocking me. I even donated money, which they gladly accepted. Then blocked me again. They said I downloaded too many images. I even tried to upload some images of my own that weren't in the database. They rejected them as they were not up to their standard.
              Defiantly would waste my time again.

They seem to be of the opinion that you can look, but not download. It's a shame, as it's such a great site.
              There are defined rules when you register. The number of downloads is monitored, they do not want bots stealing the work contributed by their members. Individual downloads only. And the uploads must meet the standards they provide. Otherwise the site wouldn't be able to maintain the quality of images that sets them apart. You can't have one without the other.

Comment

Working...

]]>