title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Getting correct cover files

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    33

    Re: Getting correct cover files

    Albumartexchange.com has the best cover art files in high resolution that I have found anywhere on the internet.

  2. #17
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    497

    Re: Getting correct cover files

    My scanner sits right next to the computer I rip with. Long ago I discovered it is usually faster to just scan the artwork myself if nothing good comes up quickly than to go searching around the Internet. A good part of my collection is Caribbean music issued on small labels with little, if any, Internet presence.

    And personally, I don't spend much time fretting about the artwork anyway. Much of my listening is while driving in the car. My car infotainment system refuses to display the artwork embedded in the music files. Instead, it pulls often incorrect images from Gracenote. Classic example, I have a CD from a Trinidadian Parang group, Los Carpenteros. My car displays a photo of the American folk group The Carpenters, ignoring the CD artwork metadata embedded in the m4a files.

    And at home, where my players do display the correct embedded artwork, the image on the player is small enough that low resolution isn't particularly visible anyway.

    What I find missing from the metadata sources and the players is any way to present the informative booklets that came with some CDs. I miss being able to read them.

  3. #18
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    269

    Re: Getting correct cover files

    Quote Originally Posted by ghibliss View Post
    Albumartexchange.com has the best cover art files in high resolution that I have found anywhere on the internet.
    Agreed. You do have to register to get full access, but it is free. There are a few discs I have searched for that they don't have, but for most they do and in some cases they have alternative covers from various global releases. This is my first stop for every new disc.

  4. #19
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    441

    Re: Getting correct cover files

    Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    What I find missing from the metadata sources and the players is any way to present the informative booklets that came with some CDs. I miss being able to read them.
    If you've scanned the booklets there are a couple of UPnP apps that allow you to view them. Unfortunately the two I'm aware of are both on Android, namely BubbleUPnP and Hi-Fi Cast. Both will render any html that's passed to them via the <dc:description> tag.


    BubbleUPnP.jpg

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    35

    Re: Getting correct cover files

    Quote Originally Posted by ghibliss View Post
    Albumartexchange.com has the best cover art files in high resolution that I have found anywhere on the internet.
    Don't bother with AlbumArtExchange. Even though they have great high res album covers, I will never go there again. I gave up after they kept blocking me. I even donated money, which they gladly accepted. Then blocked me again. They said I downloaded too many images. I even tried to upload some images of my own that weren't in the database. They rejected them as they were not up to their standard.
    Defiantly would waste my time again.

    They seem to be of the opinion that you can look, but not download. It's a shame, as it's such a great site.

  6. #21
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    269

    Re: Getting correct cover files

    Quote Originally Posted by miggs View Post
    Don't bother with AlbumArtExchange. Even though they have great high res album covers, I will never go there again. I gave up after they kept blocking me. I even donated money, which they gladly accepted. Then blocked me again. They said I downloaded too many images. I even tried to upload some images of my own that weren't in the database. They rejected them as they were not up to their standard.
    Defiantly would waste my time again.

    They seem to be of the opinion that you can look, but not download. It's a shame, as it's such a great site.
    There are defined rules when you register. The number of downloads is monitored, they do not want bots stealing the work contributed by their members. Individual downloads only. And the uploads must meet the standards they provide. Otherwise the site wouldn't be able to maintain the quality of images that sets them apart. You can't have one without the other.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •