title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripper creates two different folders for one CD and splits files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2021

Re: Ripper creates two different folders for one CD and splits files

So am I to assume that there were in fact different values of the Year tag across the album, and that's why it was causing the split?

Given you've told us your naming string is:
    Code:
    [composer]\[album]-[album artist]-[year]\[disc].[track]
    Are you intending to leave AlbumArtist blank?

As @Spoon has already suggested, add the filename column (by right clicking on the Length column header) to the track listing so it's easier to check which tracks are affected (and include that column in any future screenshots). Also make sure that the AlbumArtist tag is showing in the Tags window at the bottom of the screen.
    Last edited by simbun; 10-04-2023, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• GBrown
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2009

Re: Ripper creates two different folders for one CD and splits files

Originally posted by Eulipian
      Now everything is the same for disc 1 and 2. Tagged from Music Brainz.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3624[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3624[/ATTACH]

Dbpa makes a different directory for disc 2 with an extra space and an - I am not adding the space or the -. Again, I can't get multiple discs into one folder.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3625[/ATTACH]

Cannot see what I'm doing wrong here.
      Your naming string expects an AlbumArtist which you have left blank in that field.
      Naming string: [composer]\[album]- album artist]-[year]\[disc].[track][soloistssort]

It does appear you have put this info mixed into the album name. Separate those and your naming string should work as expected.
      Last edited by GBrown; 10-04-2023, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>