title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Management of Asset on remote Synology install

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rjcrum
    • Mar 2014

Management of Asset on remote Synology install

I run Asset on a Synology NAS in my home, and also have a Synology NAS in a second home. I'm using Synology ShareSync to keep the files synchronized on both Synology units. I want to access the remote Asset configuration pages, so I used the "Open" link from the remote NAS Package Center for Asset, but it wants to connect to http://127.0.0.1:45537/, which is interpreted as my local home machine.

How do I access the remote Synology Asset configuration pages?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Management of Asset on remote Synology install

You would have to ensure both networks are different base IPs, so 192.168.1.x on one property, and 192.168.2.x for the other, then you would need VPN software at both ends so you could connect to the remote network, and it would be as though you are local, you would then need to know the IP address of the NAS.

Not easy to do.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rjcrum
      • Mar 2014

Hmmm. Agreed. Not easy.

As an alternative, all I really want to know at this point is what folder path the remote Asset instance is indexing. I can get access to the remote file system&*8212;is there a clear text file you could tell me to look at that shows the current indexed folder path? And the location of that file on the Synology NAS?

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

To determine watched locations without access to Asset management page on a Synology machine, assuming you are able to SSH to the NAS:
        Locate where your Asset UPnP profile is.
        On my unit, it is:
        /volume1/@AssetUPnP-Data
        Dump MediaFoldersWatch.txt
        sudo cat /volume1/@AssetUPnP-Data/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-r7/MediaFoldersWatch.txt
        Enter admin password when prompted. This will print paths that Asset is monitoring, on the NAS.

For full remote access to Asset management, what Spoon says: use some VPN, such as Wireguard, to create encrypted bridge between your homes, allowing remote access to all your machines over raw IP, as if they were on your local net.

You technically could forward Asset configuration interface to your public IP, but that is likely a bad idea, it was not designed to handle access from the Internet.

Comment

• rjcrum
          • Mar 2014

Thanks! I&*8217;ll give this a try.

Comment

Working...

]]>