title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ISRC codes in naming

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boffy
    • Aug 2023

ISRC codes in naming

Hi,

I've set up a naming syntax so that all files will have the ISRC code in the file name, if the ISRC code is available of course.
    I see a lot of cd's as well with no ISRC codes, unfortunately.
    When there is an ISRC code, though, it works as intended.

However, when I'm ripping with Batchripper it often misses available ISRC codes and other metadata, even though CDRipper sees them.
    When Batchripper is running, I right click to "show Ripper" where there's a lot more metadata, than Batchripper recognizes.
    I've checked and double checked that the meta options are the same.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make it work?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ISRC codes in naming

You would have to subscribe to GD3 in batch ripper (buy lookups), to have the same as CD Ripper.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MrEiv
      • Jan 2024

Hi,

This is normally not true that you need to subscribe to GD3 to get ISRC codes. Most of the CD's store ISRC codes. When using CD Ripper 80% of my ripping finds the ISRC code on the disc, but the Batch Ripper does not do the same work. So it is useless for the most data.

IFPI have also made it possible to search for ISRC codes https://isrcsearch.ifpi.org and if you have ISRC code match, you also get UPC code and labels.

Right now I need to manually punch in ISRC codes after batch ripping, and this is not very great feature in 2024 where the data can easy be accessed from the CD's and even online and should easy be automated. So where it stops in the developpment?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We can add ISRC lookup for Batch Ripper, next time we update the program.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>