title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Upstream artwork for Playlists

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simes_pep
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Upstream artwork for Playlists

Hi,
    I have a number of Playlists, but just a blank icon for each
    Is it possible to take the artwork or an artist photo for a Playlist please.

Thanks,
    Simon
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2021

Re: Upstream artwork for Playlists

I believe you need to load these custom images into AssetUserUpstreamImages.

Comment

• simes_pep
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

Hi, This is for Artist, and applies to Artist/Album & Artist/AlbumArtist which are settings in the ArtworkUpstream config file, but can this be used to apply it to Playlists?

Comment

• simbun
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2021

Originally posted by simes_pep
        Hi, This is for Artist, and applies to Artist/Album & Artist/AlbumArtist which are settings in the ArtworkUpstream config file, but can this be used to apply it to Playlists?
        Normally I would expect a person to have tested an answer before replying but in this case I'm very grateful that you didn't, as you resolved a question I've had unanswered for a week and a half now! Where did you see the ArtworkUpstream config file documented?

Going back to the playlist image, the page I linked to states:
        How to: set custom artist, genre, etc pictures in Asset
        Asset UPnP allows you to set custom images for specific browse tree items, by placing image files with matching names in "AssetUserUpstreamImages" folder.
        I tested it on one playlist in AssetUPnP 7.4 and it seemed to work well.

Comment

• simes_pep
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2013

Following the comments made here, I firstly discovered a typo in my 'UpStreamArtFor' file. I then experimented with placing a custom image in the 'AssetUserUpstreamImages' folder matching the name of the Playlist and bosh, I now have an image for the Playlist.

Excellent - sometime later and I now have custom images for the 39 Playlists I currently have in m3u8 format, that are read both by Asset and Roon. These have the advantage over those created in Roon, in that the Playlist order is fixed, which is important as they are all the setlist of a concert I attended and enjoyed.
          Many thanks,
          Simon.

Comment

Working...

]]>