title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Questions about using PerfectTUNES

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimmy Neutron
    • Aug 2023

Questions about using PerfectTUNES

I've gotten part-way into re-ripping my collection of CDs (approx 4500 albums) using dBpoweramp. Previously I used freac and mp3Tag, then with dBpoweramp with mp3Tag and now started PerfectTUNES.

There's a few things that I haven't figured out yet and could use some help.

Referencing the view PerfectTUNES ID Tags:
    Some rips show track numbers as 09/11 and others as 09. I'd like these consistent as 09. Yeah, I can edit each track to show that, but there has to be a better way.

Same issue with disc number... some blank, some as 1, others as 1/1.

DBpoweramp does a great job with capitalization correction, but if I miss it before ripping there doesn't seem to be a way of correcting in PerfectTUNES without finding each "error" and applying manual changes.

When replacing poor quality album art with new, existing album art remains in the folder if it is not named Folder.jpg. This is a hassle to manually find these and delete the old art. If I'm replacing the art, the system should replace.

If I add UPC code to an album, it shows on one track, not all tracks. The UPC should show in the top (album) section of the Album Edit Mode as relating to the album, not to the track.

Is there a way to manage the entries in the genre pull-down list?

Thanks for helping a lost noobie.

Edit: If I miss correcting a capitalization issue before ripping, it is quite a hassle to apply those changes to filnames. Any help there?
    Last edited by Jimmy Neutron; 08-29-2023, 01:21 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Questions about using PerfectTUNES

>Some rips show track numbers as 09/11 and others as 09. I'd like these consistent as 09. Yeah, I can edit each track to show that, but there has to be a better way.

>Same issue with disc number... some blank, some as 1, others as 1/1.

TrackCount and Disccount

You can use dbpoweramp with the Update ID Tag utility codec to delete those specific tags, test on one or two files then batch convert your library.

PerfectTunes cannot guess the name of non-standard art filenames.

If you look in %appdata% (type into file explorer), then select the folder perfecttunes, there is a file there genres.txt
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>