title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Editing the frequencies (Hertz) of a song

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ojise
    • Aug 2023

Editing the frequencies (Hertz) of a song

Hey guys, I just downloaded dbpoweramp for the music converter and I'm trying to operate it to learn how I can change the frequencies, or Hertz, of any song I want. Can anyone give me a little guide on how to operate the program on that department?
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Editing the frequencies (Hertz) of a song

What do you mean "with changing the frequency of a song"? To change the frequency of the sound or to change the sample rate?

Dat Ei

Comment

• Ojise
      • Aug 2023

I mean the frequency of the sound, Hertz.
      Do you know how I can edit the frequency (Hertz) of a song?

Comment

• GBrown
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Ojise
        I mean the frequency of the sound, Hertz.
        Do you know how I can edit the frequency (Hertz) of a song?
        Can you explain this better, rather than repeating your original ask? Maybe use some examples to define this better.

CD rips are usually 16-bit/44.1kHZ bit depth/sample rate. Hi-res files can be 24-bit or 32-bit depth with sample rates of 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz, etc. Are you trying to convert something like this?

Or are you asking to do something to shift the tuning of a song, like with the mythical A440Hz/A432Hz shift that the internet has people chasing?

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

And in addition to @GBrown's questions/comment, are you trying to actually change/convert the actual audio in the file, or simply change the REPORTED information related to the file. Not sure why one would want to do that, but just trying to be clear.

Comment

• Ojise
            • Aug 2023

Well in my defense I didn't think "changing the frequency or hertz of a song" would be hard to understand, so my apologies if I sounded repetitive for you. And yeah the I'm referring to the mythical 440/432 Hz thing we hear on the internet.
            And garym I hope my previous sentence answered your question. Also as to why I'd be interested in that. Well if you're not interested in my type of knowledge, to put it simply I'm an unapologetic tree-hugging hippie that loves music (especially in 417 hertz, 528 hertz, 432 hertz, etc, etc). I don't want any beef if you don't like my beliefs. All I want to know is how I can convert or change the frequency of a song. Can, you, help me?

Comment

• GBrown
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2009

[QUOTE=Ojise;216629]…I'm referring to the mythical 440/432 Hz thing we hear on the internet.
              …I'm an unapologetic tree-hugging hippie that loves music (especially in 417 hertz, 528 hertz, 432 hertz, etc, etc). I don't want any beef if you don't like my beliefs. All I want to know is how I can convert or change the frequency of a song…/QUOTE]
              There is no option in dBPoweramp to adjust the existing key tuning of the audio recording. It keeps all conversions between formats and sample rates faithful to the original recording as tuned by the Artist. The Artist can of course tune their instruments to any base frequency during the recording process.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

dbpa can't do this, as noted by @GBrown. Maybe a program like Audacity can modify the audio as you desire. I googled "using audacity to change to 417" and found several things, including this. I have no idea how valid this information is, but it's a start for you.

Comment

• Ojise
                  • Aug 2023

Thanks guys. I'll take a look at audacity then. I appreciate your help. Cheers.

Comment

• Treelady
                    • Sep 2019

Ok. I'll translate: OP heard that standard tuning defines "A" at 440Hz but OP also heard on some audio forum that "A" should be set to 432Hz so that everything resonates with mother earth or whatever the argument is. So, OP wanted to know how to pitch shift everything by 8Hz so that all of their music now syncs with the cosmos. Now I understand the question.

Don't tell OP that those studies only compared A 440 to A 432, not the entire audible spectrum. And definitely don't tell OP that even the best pitch shifting software is not going to make music create multi-dimensional portals to consciousness. But what do I know?

ASIDE: Is this what it's like to be Spoon when we all ask him dumb s**^?

Comment

Working...

]]>