title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music scan status?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sounds2Good
    • Apr 2019

Music scan status?

I’m using PerfectTunes on a Mac. I’m blind so I use the DBPA and PT suites with Apple Voice Over screen reader.

I have a newly updated music library on an external USB drive. The library has approx. 140,000 tracks.

Is there a visual indication that the Music Scan is underway and progressing? I can hear drive activity on the external USB drive but I’d like to know if there’s a visual indication the scan is progressing before I ask a sighted person to check my monitor to see whether there is any visual information present.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music scan status?

Yes there is
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sounds2Good
      • Apr 2019

Perhaps my problem is that I don&*8217;t know how the music scan is initiated. I was able to remove the default music location (the Music sub folder provided by OSX) and add the folder on the mounted USB drive. Once that&*8217;s done, does the scan start automatically, or must I start it? I couldn&*8217;t find a labeled button using Voice Over to start the scan.

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you start one of the programs yes it will begin the scan.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sounds2Good
          • Apr 2019

Originally posted by Spoon
          If you start one of the programs yes it will begin the scan.
          Good to know, I believe I started &*8220;cover Art&*8221; and the scan began. I am able to move through and read the status window now that the scan has begun.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...

]]>