title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

cd ripper can't rip certain copy protected disks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevan apter
    • Aug 2023

cd ripper can't rip certain copy protected disks

hi folks

i've been trying to rip a pre-2000 cd from Finlandia records. i suppose that at time they were using some form of copy protection. the disk plays fine, without distortion, on my oppo 93 universal disk player. i first attempted to rip it using itunes, and after several hours the resulting set of files were heavily distorted - unlistenable.

i was hoping that cd ripper would be able to deal with this form of copy protection, but alas, i had a similar result.

is there some mode or switch in the ripper which i need to set? (note: i was using the free trial version, since i wanted first to satisfy myself that it would cope with this disk.)

thanks in advance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: cd ripper can't rip certain copy protected disks

It will be your drive which cannot read past the copy protection, they put specific bad sub-codings which computer drives can stall on.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• stevan apter
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Spoon
      It will be your drive which cannot read past the copy protection, they put specific bad sub-codings which computer drives can stall on.
      that occurred to me. are there mac-friendly drives which can read past the protection?

thanks

Comment

• stevan apter
        • Aug 2023

looks like the integral drive on my 2009 imac is able to read this disk.

Comment

• Foggy28
          • Nov 2023

Hi, As a follow up can any one suggest a suitable external USB drive that is not prone to this problem?

Comment

Working...

]]>