title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help with naming and profiles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shumil
    • Jul 2023

Need help with naming and profiles

I've recently started using dbpoweramp on Mac to batch convert my flac files. I'm currently using this naming shceme
    Code:
    [GRAB]1,99,[if][album artist],len<,2,,[album artist][][] - [grab]1,99,[ALBUM][] ([SETLEN]4,0,0,[Year][]) [FLAC 16/48] [REPLACE]:,,[TIME][]/[IFMULTI]/[]Disc [SETLEN]1,48,,[disc][]/[track]. [title][IFCOMP] ([ARTIST])[]
    which puts multidisc albums into separate subfolders. My only problem with it is that when I convert single-disc albums, it still puts the tracks in a Disc 0 subfolder. How should I alter it so that it doesn't create subfolders for albums without multiple discs?

I also have an issue with profiles. The first profile I made had some wrong settings applied so I deleted it. However, when I close and reopen the app, the profile is back there again. Also, after creating another new profile, when I close and reopen the app, the new profile is not there and only the first profile is. I have tried reinstalling the app but that hasn't fixed the issue. Lastly, is there a way to rename profiles?

Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need help with naming and profiles

[GRAB]1,99,[if][album artist],len<,2,,[album artist][][] - [grab]1,99,[ALBUM][] ([SETLEN]4,0,0,[Year][]) [FLAC 16/48] [REPLACE]:,,[TIME][]/[IFMULTI]/Disc [SETLEN]1,48,,[disc][]/[][track]. [title][IFCOMP] ([ARTIST])[]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• shumil
      • Jul 2023

Originally posted by Spoon
      [GRAB]1,99,[if][album artist],len<,2,,[album artist][][] - [grab]1,99,[ALBUM][] ([SETLEN]4,0,0,[Year][]) [FLAC 16/48] [REPLACE]:,,[TIME][]/[IFMULTI]/Disc [SETLEN]1,48,,[disc][]/[][track]. [title][IFCOMP] ([ARTIST])[]
      Thanks for replying! I’ll test this later on today when I’m at my computer. Would you know anything about the profiles bug as well?

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Regarding profiles-

What you're experiencing looks like a bug. However I can't seem to be able to recreate it.

Please open dBpoweramp configuration, diagnostics page, save configuration snapshot.
        Email the saved file to peter@dbpoweramp.com for analysis.

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

Profiles bug explained-
          Profiles are stored as plaintext: ~/Library/dBpoweramp/BatchProfiles - you can manually manipulate them there.
          Removal of profiles works. However, 'last selected profile' setting becomes stuck with name of the deleted profile until you select another, and a blank profile of this name will keep coming back after reopening Batch Converter.
          Quick mitigation is: delete the profile, then re-select another profile before closing Batch Converter. Clicking "(none selected)", even though it's already selected, works too.

Addendum:
          Accessing BatchProfiles folder via Finder results in .DS_Store file being created, which is shown as a goofy blank profile, so better just use Terminal for cleaning these up.

Obviously all of the above is being fixed for the next update.
          Last edited by PeterP; 08-17-2023, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>