title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tracks giving bogus ripping errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DCG
    • Jul 2023

Tracks giving bogus ripping errors

I've noticed that in PerfectTunes, it's giving off a bogus ripping error for one track, which is track 3.

The reason it's flagging this file in particular is because it has the same time duration as the second file in playback, and exactly the same file size.

I feel like this shouldn't be flagged as a ripping error, as it is a false claim to make and is not a genuine ripping error. The tracks are perfectly fine, yet it flags the time duration as being the same between two files as somehow wrong, even though it's correct in the rip and how it's supposed to be. Tracks can have the same track duration and size.

Another one of my cds was falsely reported as inaccurate as well for this very reason because of two tracks having the same time duration and file size.

When ripping in EAC, I get an AccurateRip score of 19, so there's no way the tracks have any errors. 19 is a pretty high accuracy and is no joking score.

The CTDB Values are also in their full values, so there's no way there can physically be any errors in the rips. The tracks play just fine.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tracks giving bogus ripping errors

Acuraterip does not go off track size, it would need the track number in an id tag.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DCG
      • Jul 2023

Still doesn't make sense why exactly it's flagging as inaccurate to me.

I have tried re-ripping the same cd multiple times and it still flags this track as inaccurate for some reason. CD looks perfectly fine. It looks brand new to me. The Id, (CRC) was the same as the CD, no different, I have traced their values and they are both exactly the same off the CD. EAC says it's accurate but DBPoweramp says otherwise. I used Test and Copy for this.

What's weirder is that it first said that the third track was inaccurate, so I re-ripped it in EAC and put the new track in the same folder that was being flagged. But, it turned out, that caused a new issue: Now, it's labeling track two and three as inaccurate because of what I can only assume to be same file size and same time duration of track.

The spectrum to me also looks fine, so I don't really know what ripping error there would be. Doesn't make much sense to me and if there was "something", it's virtually undetectable. Or... I am right and this is a false positive.

To point out what CD is causing this flag in PerfectTunes, it's the Sonic Mania Soundtrack, the first disc, japanese exclusive release. I don't exactly know what's wrong with the tracks. If you could point in EAC where I need to look, if it's in a log, so I can see what exactly is "Wrong", I'd like to know better about this, but to me it doesn't exactly make sense.

Then, I looked at another of my cds which had the same file size and time duration, it at first was only flagging track 23 as inaccurate, but after re-ripping the cd for sonic mania's soundtrack, that other cd was now flagging track two and track 23 as inaccurate. How did the track mysteriously become inaccurate is unknown to me for ripping just one cd that isn't related to that cd.

Maybe I am experiencing a mysterious phemanomon, or maybe there really is something wrong with the program that's a bug and I am listing it as such. Nothing on my end seems wrong. Please point me where I need to look to see what's wrong, screenshot please otherwise I will never know.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You mentioned dBpoweramp, you ripped in that also?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DCG
          • Jul 2023

Yes. I have ripped in both incase you wanted the information. Actually weirdly enough, DBPoweramp says it's accurate but it's only the PerfectTunes program giving that false positive.

If you really want to see what I have gotten, (status wise), here is the information. If this false positive is a bug of the program, please fix it, thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Status.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	294690Click image for larger version

Name:	Reripped in Dbpoweramp.png
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	294691

Log file from EAC: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nI5...usp=drive_link

I've listed everything I could list. I see nothing wrong here. Honest.

Comment

• DCG
            • Jul 2023

I will note that I have used DBPoweramp as well. Now strangely, DbPoweramp says it's accurate in it's own program, but when I use PerfectTunes, it's an entirely different story; sorry to confuse.

PerfectTunes is the one reporting these false positives, not the actual DBPoweramp. So it could just be a false error.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

What format did you rip to?

In PerfectTUNES click the 'i' next to match details on the Ripping Errors page and post the contents.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DCG
                • Jul 2023

Okay. Here's the information.

" [AccurateRip DiscIDs: 025-002FCA1B-03381F10-9A0BB219]
                Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 1437082B] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\01. Tee Lopes - Flying Battery Zone Act 1.wav
                Track 3: Track InAccurate C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\02. Tee Lopes - Flying Battery Zone Act 2.wav
                Track 3: Track InAccurate C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\02. Tee Lopes - Flying Battery Zone Act 2.wav
                Track 4: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 71973DD1] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\04. Tee Lopes - Stardust Speedway Zone Act 2.wav
                Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 4BC9157E] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\05. Tee Lopes - Hydro City Zone Act 1.wav
                Track 6: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC B955C214] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\06. Tee Lopes - Hydro City Zone Act 2.wav
                Track 7: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 184DA3CA] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\07. Tee Lopes - Lava Reef Zone Act 1.wav
                Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC E91DB2E4] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\08. Tee Lopes - Lava Reef Zone Act 2.wav
                Track 9: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC BB7A0FC6] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\09. Tee Lopes - Metallic Madness Zone Act 1.wav
                Track 10: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 9D6EEC2C] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\10. Tee Lopes - Metallic Madness Zone Act 2.wav
                Track 11: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC C10CEBE1] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\11. Tee Lopes - Vs. Metal Sonic.wav
                Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 6C7F7A05] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\12. Tee Lopes - Eggman Mean Bean.wav
                Track 13: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC EAD4A328] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\13. Tee Lopes - Blue Spheres.wav
                Track 14: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC CAAF3729] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\14. Tee Lopes - Stage Clear.wav
                Track 15: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 56E7A406] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\15. Tee Lopes - Angel Island Cutscene.wav
                Track 16: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 388C39D4] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\16. Tee Lopes - Drowning.wav
                Track 17: Track too short for AccurateRip Verification C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\17. Tee Lopes - 1-Up.wav
                Track 18: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC B5E1B9E0] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\18. Tee Lopes - Game Over.wav
                Track 19: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 3CFA59D3] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\19. Falk Au Yeong - Double Take &*8211; Encore Save Select.wav
                Track 20: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 2C59312F] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\20. Falk Au Yeong - Trap Tower &*8211; Pinball Bonus Stage.wav
                Track 21: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC E801E12F] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\21. Hunter Bridges - Back in Action &*8211; Mighty & Ray Cutscene.wav
                Track 22: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 70E2C3C8] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\22. Tee Lopes - Angel Island Zone.wav
                Track 23: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC B8059456] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\23. Hyper Potions - Time Trials.wav
                Track 24: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 49E8CC36] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\24. Hyper Potions - Friends.wav
                Track 25: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 19, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 7546FABD] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Mania\Disc 1 - [Re-imagined Tracks]\25. Hyper Potions feat. Jun Senoue - Time Trials Plus.wav

[AccurateRip DiscIDs: 023-003CAC28-03E2B77F-41109817]
                Track 1: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 6AF6B25F] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\01. Spencer Nilsen - Sonic Boom - Opening Theme.wav
                Track 23: Track InAccurate C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\02. Spencer Nilsen - Stardust Speedway - Bad Future.wav
                Track 3: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 24D348D0] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\03. Spencer Nilsen - Tidal Tempest.wav
                Track 4: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 97A5D251] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\04. Spencer Nilsen - Sonic Boom - Closing Theme.wav
                Track 5: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 4B53CAF9] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\05. Spencer Nilsen - Tidal Tempest - Bad Future.wav
                Track 6: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC CA6B75F7] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\06. Spencer Nilsen - Palmtree Panic.wav
                Track 7: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 257263C3] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\07. Spencer Nilsen - Quartz Quadrant.wav
                Track 8: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC BBEF549C] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\08. Spencer Nilsen - Stardust Present.wav
                Track 9: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 2BA88C58] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\09. Spencer Nilsen - Tempest Good Future.wav
                Track 10: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 79E559B8] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\10. Spencer Nilsen - Quartz Future.wav
                Track 11: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 6587DE26] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\11. Spencer Nilsen - Speedway To Good Future.wav
                Track 12: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 1606776E] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\12. Spencer Nilsen - Wacky Workbench.wav
                Track 13: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 444915D5] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\13. Spencer Nilsen - Special Stage.wav
                Track 14: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 4A909149] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\14. Spencer Nilsen - Wacky Workbench - Bad Future.wav
                Track 15: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC F8A4930B] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\15. Spencer Nilsen - Palmtree Party.wav
                Track 16: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC DDF0C59B] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\16. Spencer Nilsen - Workbench Workout.wav
                Track 17: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 11, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 216A10AF] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\17. Mark ''Sterling'' Crew with Armando Peraza and Bobby Vega - Collision Chaos.wav
                Track 18: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 10, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 9C301846] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\18. Mark ''Sterling'' Crew with Armando Peraza and Bobby Vega - Metallic Madness.wav
                Track 19: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 10, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC A0334066] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\19. Mark ''Sterling'' Crew with Armando Peraza and Bobby Vega - Robotnik's Theme.wav
                Track 20: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 8AEF371D] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\20. Howard Drossin - Spinball Theme.wav
                Track 21: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 9, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 7EE7A0FD] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\21. Howard Drossin - Flight To Volcanic Fortress.wav
                Track 22: AccurateRip Verified Confidence 10, Pressing Offset +0 [ARv2 CRC 0118C4A5] C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\22. Howard Drossin - Toxic Cave.wav
                Track 23: Track InAccurate C:\Users\Admin\Music\Sonic Boom\02. Spencer Nilsen - Stardust Speedway - Bad Future.wav"

Track 23 in the other CD is supposed to be named "23. Brian Coburn - Lava Powerhouse", not "02. Spencer Nilsen - Stardust Speedway - Bad Future.wav", so there's definitely a confusion in the program going on as well. The other CD is named "Sonic Boom - Limited Collector's Edition". That's all of my CD's that have issues with accuracy in PerfectTunes for whatever reason, even though they've all appeared to ripped correctly, possible false positive. And... track three and track three as inaccurate? That doesn't make sense. Image says track two and three are inaccurate, which I've already provided that they're accurate in DBpoweramp, but not in PerfectTunes for whatever strange reason.

I rip my tracks specifically in wav only to get the native windows PCM.
                Last edited by DCG; 07-28-2023, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• DCG
                  • Jul 2023

Click image for larger version

Name:	False Ripping Errors.png
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	294692

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Each disc needs to be in its own folder, if ripping to wave and does not have the accuraterip ID tags, or any ID Tags, the program has to try to match the tracks to the disc online and when there are mixed albums it obviously will get it wrong sometimes.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>