title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio Format Streaming Explanation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgmasterv2
    • Jul 2023

Audio Format Streaming Explanation

hi
    can someone please explains the differences between different option for audio streaming in asset.
    as is , as WAV , as is single what are the differences and how each of them process music files?
    also, if anybody has any experience / technical explanation about which one is sound better (for FLAC or DSD) i would like to know that.

the reason that im asking this is because of a problem i have with latest version of asset on windows 11 , when im using "as is" after a couple of minutes (10-12 minutes) of playback , in the middle of songs player (ifi Zen Stream / ifi Neo Stream) suddenly skips to next track, while another installation of asset on Raspberry pi works fine with zen stream.
    when i change "Audio Format Streaming" to "as is single" or "as WAV" it is less likely to happen.

my setup :
    asset upnp (2023-05-15) on Windows 11 (i5 9400f - 64 GB - 1 GB LAN) / iFI Zen Stream (Volumio) / iFI Neo iDSD
    thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Audio Format Streaming Explanation

'As is' is normally better, the other options are there for players which cannot play a certain format.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mgmasterv2
      • Jul 2023

thanks, if potentially I'm losing some quality then how can i fix that skipping problem on windows? and out of curiosity it would be great if you could explain difference between as is and as is single.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

As single or Wave would stream more data, about twice as much as Asset uncompresses the FLAC. Not sure why it would skip on the same flac files, but will not be asset related.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mgmasterv2
          • Jul 2023

Originally posted by Spoon
          As single or Wave would stream more data, about twice as much as Asset uncompresses the FLAC. Not sure why it would skip on the same flac files, but will not be asset related.
          thanks again, i think its asset on windows related, when I'm using asset on Raspberry pi i dont have any problem also when i use Linn Kazoo on the same PC(windows) no problem , its happening only when im using asset on windows .
          is there any log file that i can read to find out what is the problem?

thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Yes you can enable the debug log on both platforms to compare. It is in the advanced menu.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>