title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Settings when ripping to 16 or24bit FLAC in dbPOWERAMP CD RIPPER

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AforAndromeda
    • Jul 2023

Settings when ripping to 16 or24bit FLAC in dbPOWERAMP CD RIPPER

Hi,

I would like to clarify the settings for ripping my CD to Flac. I can't seem to get it correct.

Unlike the settings in Multi Encoder for WAV, (with both bit depth and sample rate), the FLAC setting seems just to consist of a choice of lossless encoding level.

I wanted to produce a couple of tests creating a 48k bitrate and a 96khz FLAC versions (p.s. I know it's pointless with a 44.1khz + 16bit source,) but I would like to do it.

Can you please clarify where I change the settings?
  • simbun
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2021

Re: Settings when ripping to 16 or24bit FLAC in dbPOWERAMP CD RIPPER

Originally posted by AforAndromeda
    Unlike the settings in Multi Encoder for WAV, (with both bit depth and sample rate), the FLAC setting seems just to consist of a choice of lossless encoding level.

I wanted to produce a couple of tests creating a 48k bitrate and a 96khz FLAC versions (p.s. I know it's pointless with a 44.1khz + 16bit source,) but I would like to do it.
    If you're looking to increase file size then you can use the 'Bit Depth' and 'Resample' DSP Effects.

Obviously you won't have a bit perfect copy of your CD at that point, in case it matters.

Comment

• AforAndromeda
      • Jul 2023

Re: Settings when ripping to 16 or24bit FLAC in dbPOWERAMP CD RIPPER

Originally posted by simbun
      If you're looking to increase file size then you can use the 'Bit Depth' and 'Resample' DSP Effects.

Obviously you won't have a bit perfect copy of your CD at that point, in case it matters.
      Thank you Simbun. Appreciate the quick response.

A.

Comment

Working...

]]>