title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Splitting VOB files and PAL support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ppi
    • Mar 2022

Splitting VOB files and PAL support

I'm converting videos using the "VOB" conversion settings to get MPEG-1 files, that my DVD player can then play from a USB stick.

1) Can I also get dBpoweramp Video Converter to split output files to stay under 4GB (as my DVD player only accepts the FAT filesystem, limiting file sizes to 4GB)?
    2) Can I get dBpoweramp Video Converter to crete PAL VOB files (720x576) instead of NTSC (720x480)?

Best regards,
    Peter
  • ppi
    • Mar 2022

Re: Splitting VOB files and PAL support

Originally posted by ppi
    I'm converting videos using the "VOB" conversion settings to get MPEG-1 files, that my DVD player can then play from a USB stick.

1) Can I also get dBpoweramp Video Converter to split output files to stay under 4GB (as my DVD player only accepts the FAT filesystem, limiting file sizes to 4GB)?
    2) Can I get dBpoweramp Video Converter to crete PAL VOB files (720x576) instead of NTSC (720x480)?

Best regards,
    Peter
    Ok, this works for me:

1) Select "Custom" in the "Encoding" box
    2) Enter e.g: "-target pal-dvd -ss 00:00:00 -to 01:00:00" in the "FFmpeg Full Command Line:" field
    - this will define the encoding settings for PAL DVD (720x576@25fps)
    - and cut from start to 1 hour of the video to limit the file size
    - you can then repeat and export from 1 hour to the end of the video...
    3) Enter ".vob" for the file extension in the last box

Comment

Working...

]]>