title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Albums not present in AccurateRip but might be later...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeyc410
    • Jun 2019

Albums not present in AccurateRip but might be later...

Hello,

If I just ripped a new CD that has not yet been submitted to AccurateRip, and I get a result of secure but with a green i, does that mean that the track could potentially end up being accurate once someone submits the album to AccurateRip? Or is it likely that the track is damaged anyway? I understand the green i doesn't immediately indicate errors, but it indicates uncertainty. Rather sad considering the disc is brand new...

Thank you!!
    Last edited by joeyc410; 07-01-2023, 05:14 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Albums not present in AccurateRip but might be later...

Yes, there is no certainty as you rely on just the drive to self verify. Be aware your result would appear in the database, so would need a confidence of 2 or more to verify at a future time.

PerfectTUNES can recheck the files in the future.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

generally, the green i means that some sectors were re-read during ripping but ended up ok. So most likely you have a secure rip. But of course it will be even better to compare with AccurateRip database later on.

Comment

• joeyc410
        • Jun 2019

Originally posted by garym
        generally, the green i means that some sectors were re-read during ripping but ended up ok. So most likely you have a secure rip. But of course it will be even better to compare with AccurateRip database later on.
        That sounds good! Is it possible that a file could rip quieter than the rest of the album or is that just a matter of how the track was mastered?

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by joeyc410
          That sounds good! Is it possible that a file could rip quieter than the rest of the album or is that just a matter of how the track was mastered?
          the tracks will rip bitperfect from the CD. If some tracks are quieter than others, then that would be true on the CD as well. And yes, there are intra-CD differences in volume based on mastering choices. That's why I use ALBUM replaygain info for playback. This keeps the within album volume differences that were intended by the producers of the album.

edit: And a bad rip is not going to sound quieter or louder. A bad rip will have skips, pops, etc. Not just "not as good sound quality".
          edit2: If you are adding replaygain tags when ripping, and you have to rerip a track or two from the album, after the fact be sure to use dbpa converter (or some other method) to reanalyze all the tracks at the same time for ReplayGain and redo the RG tag values. Otherwise the tracks that were done separately will not have the correct Album RG tag values.
          Last edited by garym; 07-02-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• joeyc410
            • Jun 2019

Originally posted by garym
            the tracks will rip bitperfect from the CD. If some tracks are quieter than others, then that would be true on the CD as well. And yes, there are intra-CD differences in volume based on mastering choices. That's why I use ALBUM replaygain info for playback. This keeps the within album volume differences that were intended by the producers of the album.

edit: And a bad rip is not going to sound quieter or louder. A bad rip will have skips, pops, etc. Not just "not as good sound quality".
            edit2: If you are adding replaygain tags when ripping, and you have to rerip a track or two from the album, after the fact be sure to use dbpa converter (or some other method) to reanalyze all the tracks at the same time for ReplayGain and redo the RG tag values. Otherwise the tracks that were done separately will not have the correct Album RG tag values.
            Good to know. I have wanted to know how exactly a bad rip would sound so it&*8217;s good to have an idea.

Comment

Working...

]]>