title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbpoweramp doesn't work on Mac OS Ventura

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Palmerh3750
    • Jul 2023

Re: dbpoweramp doesn't work on Mac OS Ventura

Originally posted by Palmerh3750
    Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 12.04.24 PM, additional screen shot of frozen program, had to force quit
    Response from dbpoweramp please on “bug report” and previous submittal

Comment

• PeterP
      Super Moderator
      • Jul 2011

Palmerh3750,

I'll get back to you shortly when I've been able to test dBpoweramp on this exact drive model.

In meanwhile, it would be helpful if you could:
      1) Try against any other drive, if possible, to determine if the problem is specific to this Asus drive.
      2) Install latest beta version of dBpoweramp for Mac: https://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/DMC-beta-2023-08-16.dmg , enable debug logging (dBpoweramp configuration / diagnostics / [x] write debug logs), post content of DBDebug-NNN.txt files created in your Documents folder during the freeze.

You seem to have been trying to upload files but none of them have been uploaded. I can't see any of your screenshots, only file names.

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

P.S.
        If uploading files to the forum is problematic, you can email to peter@dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Palmerh3750
          • Jul 2023

Thanks will do, thought screenshots were sent, will email Mahalo

Comment

• TTt71x
            • Oct 2022

RE:Re: dbpoweramp doesn't work on Mac OS Ventura

I have a similar problem. I have a Mac Studio M1, Ventura 13.5.1. My old version of dBPoweramp stoped working. So, I upgraded to the new dBpweramp Music Converter & CD Ripper 2023-06-26 today. I gave it full access to files and folders, as you suggested to others with the problem. Apple Music finds and rips cds, but dBpweramp Music CD Ripper does not. I can open dBpweramp CD ripper but, it just sits there when I put the CD in my PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XD05. Then Apple Music opens itself, fills itself with all the CD's info, and ripps the CD if I let it. This is much as the older dBpweramp CD ripper did, but the older dBpweramp CD ripper would also automatically populate itself with all the CD info, and If I chose it instead of Apple Music to rip the cd, it would. This Newer CD Ripper does not. It does not seem to see the BDR-XD05, does not see the cd, does not do anything.

I have redownloaded dBpweramp Music Converter & CD Ripper from the original download; still no luck.
            Please help me to get this to work. What should do next?

Comment

• PeterP
              Super Moderator
              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Palmerh3750
              Thanks will do, thought screenshots were sent, will email Mahalo
              Tested Asus drive on two different Macs, all rip fine. I'm afraid we cannot recreate the problem.
              Debug logs produced by dBpoweramp during failed ripping attempt would really help.

Comment

• PeterP
                Super Moderator
                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by TTt71x
                RE:Re: dbpoweramp doesn't work on Mac OS Ventura

I have a similar problem. I have a Mac Studio M1, Ventura 13.5.1. My old version of dBPoweramp stoped working. So, I upgraded to the new dBpweramp Music Converter & CD Ripper 2023-06-26 today. I gave it full access to files and folders, as you suggested to others with the problem. Apple Music finds and rips cds, but dBpweramp Music CD Ripper does not. I can open dBpweramp CD ripper but, it just sits there when I put the CD in my PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XD05. Then Apple Music opens itself, fills itself with all the CD's info, and ripps the CD if I let it. This is much as the older dBpweramp CD ripper did, but the older dBpweramp CD ripper would also automatically populate itself with all the CD info, and If I chose it instead of Apple Music to rip the cd, it would. This Newer CD Ripper does not. It does not seem to see the BDR-XD05, does not see the cd, does not do anything.

I have redownloaded dBpweramp Music Converter & CD Ripper from the original download; still no luck.
                Please help me to get this to work. What should do next?
                "Full disk access" isn't needed, checking "Removable Volumes" under "Files and Folders" should be enough.
                If the above doesn't help, can you please try with any other optical drive to know if it's specific to this Pioneer drive or not?

Comment

• Palmerh3750
                  • Jul 2023

Have emailed logs and screenshots, after following emailed suggestions. Problem persists. Have not received any response to last 2 emails. Have asked for confirmation they were received.

Comment

• PeterP
                    Super Moderator
                    • Jul 2011

Sorry about slow replies.
                    Yes, I've received the logs, I'm working on it and will get back to you shortly.

Comment

• Palmerh3750
                      • Jul 2023

Have not received response to emails sent to email regarding issue. Attached are the logs that were emailed. Issue dBpoweramp DBDebug-58140.txt
                      DBDebug-58140+1.txt
                      DBDebug-58188.txt
                      DBDebug-58189.txt
                      DBDebug-58190.txt
                      DBDebug-58207.txt
                      DBDebug-58208.txt
                      DBDebug-58212.txt
                      DBDebug-58216.txt
                      DBDebug-58221.txt
                      Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 11.44.23 AM
                      Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 11.51.53 AM
                      Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 11.52.29 AM

Comment

• PeterP
                        Super Moderator
                        • Jul 2011

Sorry about slow replies.
                        I've got the logs and I'm investigating the problem, though it's proving itself to be quite a riddle. I'll get back to you with new details shortly.

Comment

• PeterP
                          Super Moderator
                          • Jul 2011

Please check your mailbox for new instructions, thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>