title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to identify bad rips without log file?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pigmartian
    • May 2023

How to identify bad rips without log file?

I've been using Exact Audio Copy to rip my collection of CDs. Unfortunately I had the "save log file" option turned off for most of them so I really have no idea which tracks had issues.

Is there a way to re-verify my wav files against the database to find out which ones are good and which ones aren't?

Thank you.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: How to identify bad rips without log file?

Originally posted by pigmartian
    I've been using Exact Audio Copy to rip my collection of CDs. Unfortunately I had the "save log file" option turned off for most of them so I really have no idea which tracks had issues.

Is there a way to re-verify my wav files against the database to find out which ones are good and which ones aren't?

Thank you.
    I'm surprised that EAC doesn't have a message at the end of ripping noting any ripping problems. dbpoweramp informs the user of secure vs insecure vs error tracks at the time of ripping in addition to writing this information to the ripping log. If you can confirm AccurateRip matches with your files that will tell you that they must be OK.

1. PerfectTunes, a companion product to dbpoweramp, has a function to compare existing files to the AccurateRip database.
    2. CueTools and foobar2000 both have similar functions to compare existing rips to AR database.

keep in mind that not all albums are in the AccurateRip database, thus a "non match" does not mean that the files are not securely ripped.

Comment

• pigmartian
      • May 2023

Re: How to identify bad rips without log file?

Originally posted by garym
      I'm surprised that EAC doesn't have a message at the end of ripping noting any ripping problems.
      It does, but when I'm ripping maybe 50 CDs at a time while I'm doing other things like working and 48 or 49 say "no problems" I tend to get hasty hitting the buttons to get the next CD ripped without paying close attention to the message.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check those out.

Comment

Working...

]]>