title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serving "composer" tag instead of "artist" tag ?

Question Serving "composer" tag instead of "artist" tag ?

Hi.
    I am seeing a strange behavior by AssetUPNP.
    If the "composer" tag is not empty, it is served instead of the "artist" tag.
    How can I change such behavior?
    TIA

Administrator

Re: Serving "composer" tag instead of "artist" tag ?

I do not think Asset is doing this, perhaps the control point?

Can you please suggest me an app (Windows or IOS) that I can use to "inspect" the data returned by DLNA servers, in particular AssetUPNP?

dBpoweramp Guru

There used to be an app called UPnP-Inspector but I think that's long gone.

The way I do it nowadays is to turn on 'Output Debug Log' in the AssetUPnP configuration, perform the navigation in your control point and then come back and 'View Debug Log' - making sure to turn it off afterwards. This file will contain a number of '<DIDL-Lite' xml sections that's the data sent to the control point. Use something like https://www.freeformatter.com/xml-formatter.html to format the string.

Are you using VLC by any chance as I've seen that behaviour before.

Quote Originally Posted by simbun View Post

The way I do it nowadays is to turn on 'Output Debug Log' in the AssetUPnP configuration, perform the navigation in your control point and then come back and 'View Debug Log' - making sure to turn it off afterwards. This file will contain a number of '<DIDL-Lite' xml sections that's the data sent to the control point. Use something like https://www.freeformatter.com/xml-formatter.html to format the string.

Thank you.
    I will try the 'Output Debug Log'.
    BTW I am using an app by WiiM, which is proprietary for the device "WiiM Pro.

Thank you.
    BTW, I am using the companion app of the streamer "WiiM Pro".

Thank you.
    BTW, I am using the companion app of the streamer "WiiM Pro".

I have tried other DLNA/UPNP servers (Serviio and MinimServer), using the same client (WiiM app).
    None of them exhibit this issue.
    Hence the culprit must be AssetUPNP.
    I hope that the developers can correct the bug.

Administrator

Noted as a possible bug

Super Moderator

Logs from Asset recording during serving of the offending content would be still welcome, I can't seem to see a bug there, both artist and composer are served:
    Code:
    <upnp:artist>TEST ARTIST</upnp:artist><upnp:artist role="Composer">TEST COMPOSER</upnp:artist>
    Perhaps specific control point takes the last one when seeing both?

PS
    I'd really like to test the WiiM app but it won't work at all if you don't own their hardware....
    Last edited by PeterP; 05-10-2023 at 07:18 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

I've got a WiiM and when looking at the track listing in the WiiM Android app it appears to use the first artist tag being sent from the server, which is obviously incorrect.

Code:
    <upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Elton John</upnp:artist>
    <upnp:artist>Elton John; Dua Lipa</upnp:artist>
    I assume AlbumArtist would come before the Composer?

EDIT:
    It was simpler than I thought to add Composer so I tried that too in AssetUPnP and MinimServer:

AssetUPnP:
    Code:
    <upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Elton John</upnp:artist><upnp:artist>Elton John; Dua Lipa</upnp:artist><upnp:artist role="Composer">Composer 1</upnp:artist>
    MinimServer:
    Code:
    <upnp:artist role="AlbumArtist">Elton John</upnp:artist><upnp:artist role="Composer">Composer 1</upnp:artist><upnp:artist>Elton John, Dua Lipa</upnp:artist>
    The WiiM app on Android displays the AlbumArtist in both cases.
    Last edited by simbun; 05-10-2023 at 09:25 AM.

Super Moderator

Now I'm confused. Asset sends Composer info last (after Album Artist, Artist, Conductor), so Composer should not take precedence over Artist or Album Artist.... which contradicts with the original bug report.

I'm adding a control point specific override option, [SimpleArtist], to disable all of the above for specific controlpoint - only send dc:creator with value pf Artist field.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Now I'm confused. Asset sends Composer info last (after Album Artist, Artist, Conductor), so Composer should not take precedence over Artist or Album Artist.... which contradicts with the original bug report.
    It's possible that the iOS version has a different behaviour, I know it shows artwork throughout the browse tree whereas the Android app doesn't, but more than that I can't tell you as I don't have any iOS devices.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    I'm adding a control point specific override option, [SimpleArtist], to disable all of the above for specific controlpoint - only send dc:creator with value pf Artist field.
    You can achieve something similar in MinimServer except it simply removes the role specific artist tags, leaving artist and creator, I think that might be a safer approach rather than just leave creator.

Super Moderator

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...inux-R7-6-beta
    Added [SimpleArtist] option in control point overrides.
    Please report if it helps with WiiM.

dBpoweramp Guru

I'm happy to test this with the Android WiiM app but I only really purchased AssetUPnP as a way to donate towards AccurateRip, as such I only have it installed in a sandbox on Windows, so if there's a Windows beta let me know, otherwise I'll try on the release version.