title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ID Tag Update utility and [REPLACE] function in rule-based manipulation

Question ID Tag Update utility and [REPLACE] function in rule-based manipulation

Hello,

I am trying to replace a sub-string within the Artist tag with another sub-string while keeping the rest of the Artist tag intact. I have tried (based on previous threads) the following where

Artist=Sir Simon Rattle; Dorothea Röschmann; Thomas Quasthoff; Berliner Philharmoniker; Rundfunkchor Berlin; Simon Halsey

and using the rule

IF Artist=[anyvalue]
    SET Artist=[REPLACE]Sir Simon Rattle,Simon Rattle,[tag]Artist[][]

I end up with

Artist=Simon Rattle

and not

Artist=Simon Rattle; Dorothea Röschmann; Thomas Quasthoff; Berliner Philharmoniker; Rundfunkchor Berlin; Simon Halsey

Okay in this instance the sub-string is at the beginning of the tag and I am just removing the "Sir " but the sub-string could be anywhere within the tag e.g. I might want to replace "Rundfunkchor Berlin" with "Berlin Radio Choir"

I also have many files to process so need to use Batch Converter.

Help much appreciated.

Administrator

Re: ID Tag Update utility and [REPLACE] function in rule-based manipulation

I do not think it will work because they are multi artists and separated out.

You could try PerfectTUNES that would allow to replace all artists of a certain tag in one go.