title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Path Name

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daveb30
    • Jun 2022

Path Name

I am looking for some help with Tags. I what my file structure to start with a directory that is named for the artist.
    The current Artist Tag is fine except when it is an individual name.
    I want LastnameFirstname, with no spaces and no comma.
    In fact I never want a space in the Directory name.
    What I am wanting is:
    JohnsonEric not Eric Johnson
    RollingStones (RollingStonesThe) is OK
    I thought that a custom Tag would make the most sense but I could use some help. I read the thread "Naming Scheme Tutorial" but I am still at a loss.
    Any help that anyone has would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Path Name

Originally posted by simbun
    This page suggests that '[REPLACE],@,[tag]album artist sort[][]' would replace commas with @ but it doesn't seem to work.
    This should work:
    [REPLACE]<comma_>,@,[tag]album artist sort[][]

Comment

• daveb30
      • Jun 2022

Thanks everyone for your help, but I am in need of some additional help.

I checked album artist sort (it was not originally) and now when I look at the metadata I see album artist sort, and it is want I want (well, the first step towards that, it has spaces but I see comments on how to remove those).

I had the default Dynamic Naming, so I replaced
      album artist,[album artist]
      with
      album artist sort,[album artist sort]

This yields a root directory of [album artist sort] not the value of this tag but "[album artist sort]"
      What am I missing?
      Here is what I have

[MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist sort,[album artist sort],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[track] [artist] - [title][]

Comment

• daveb30
        • Jun 2022

With the following I still get the value that is in "album artist" not the "album artist sort"
        MAXLENGTH]80,[IFVALUE]album artist sort,[tag]album artist sort[],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[track] [artist] - [title][]

I may have been wrong when I said that I see the value for "album artist sort". I definitely see it when I look at a specific track, however I do not know how to look at that for the entire CD.

Comment

• daveb30
          • Jun 2022

Well I discovered that it I go to the Tags tab and enter a NEW Tag and call it Album Artist Sort that it works. However I don't think it is very practical for me to have to do this for all CD that I want to RIP. I would think that there should be a way to switch "first last" to "last first". I will keep trying

Comment

• daveb30
            • Jun 2022

One last question on dynamic naming (I should admit I am not a programmer) I am close to what I want. I am not sure why it is functioning the way it is. I have done a lot of copy and paste and a lot or modifications. So I am close and may live with it.

I have been trying to remove the comma (ie. "Rolling Stones, The" becomes "Rolling Stones The"). I have it working for the root directory but not the artist portion of the track name. I have the following (I have played with the ",,," after the replace comma... but can not figure out what they are doing)

[REPLACE]<comma_>,,,[IFVALUE]album artist sort,[tag]album artist sort[],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[album][]\[MAXLENGTH]80,[][track]-[IFCOMP][artist]-[][title]

Any help would be appreciated..thanks

Comment

• daveb30
              • Jun 2022

Thank you simbun, the suggestion you made is providing the desired outcome!!

Comment

Working...

]]>