title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Pop-ups - error and can't disable

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MWL
    • Feb 2022

Pop-ups - error and can't disable

Hi,
    Windows 10 x64 - dBpoweramp 17.4 - problem started with first install (upgrade from 17.3) to 17.4

Until recently mouse- hovering over an MKV would show size of file and length of movie, as far as I know this was the Windows default pop-up.

Now, mouse-hover shows a dBpoweramp pop-up with an empty box apart from dBpoweramp written at the lower-left of the pop-up.

I tried deselecting all dBpoweramp pop-ups under advanced-settings, restarted PC, re-installed dBpoweramp. Nothing works, I still get the "blank" dBpoweramp pop-up.
    Uninstalling dBpoweramp reverts back to the Windows 10 pop-up info box.

Please note I have only used the music software and not the video of dBpoweramp.

To summarise I can't disable dBpoweramp pop-ups (which for MKVs are blank) regardless of configuration settings and I would like to revert to the previous Windows-MKV pop-up.

Any assistance appreciated.
    Last edited by MWL; 02-19-2022, 10:41 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Pop-ups - error and can't disable

Popups can be grouped together, as they are based on default application, in this instance if dBpoweramp added the popup to .wav they would appear also for .mkv even though dbpoweramp never asked that. What program is the default double-click run for .mkv, becuase that program has grouped all media types under one entry which is not good.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MWL
      • Feb 2022

Hi Spoon, Thanks for your reply.

Although I use different programs with my MKVs I haven't changed the default-run program (i.e. it is still Windows 10 default), and as noted above with dBpoweramp uninstalled I do get the correct mouse-hover info.

Additionally, as well as still being unable to disable dBpoweramps pop-ups altogether (all boxes unticked, PC re-started, etc.), I also have an anomaly of "dBpoweramp Edit ID-Tags" appearing when I right-click on the recycle bin? I have cycled turning these ID-Tag edits on and off and it only remains against the recycle bin.

There seems to be some issue with configuration changes sticking, which may or may not be related to the MKV issue?

Thanks

Comment

• MWL
        • Feb 2022

Recycle-Bin Edit-ID Tag

Ignore this - USER ERROR!.

I am still left with the problem of being unable to disable dBpoweramp's pop-ups though - it occured to me that fixing this and leaving them disabled would also "fix" the MKV issue?

See image below for mouse-hover, with pop-ups disabled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PopUp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	294534

It should be noted that MP4 files display the "correct" Windows pop-up, they also open with the default Windows program and not a third-party.

Regards
        Last edited by MWL; 02-20-2022, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Uninstall dBpoweramp, it looks like you have the video coverter.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MWL
            • Feb 2022

Hi Spoon,

I haven't got the video converter, to the best of my knowledge I haven't even tried it in the past - I did wonder why the pop-up problems were related to "video" files?

All I have installed from Illustrate is dBpoweramp 17.4 & DSP effects 11 - see image:

Name:	Programs.JPG
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	294535

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Uninstall R17.4, reboot the computer and see if the popups are still there. If they are it is not music converter which is supplying them.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MWL
                • Feb 2022

Hi,

I did as you suggested - I've attached screenshot of the results.

The left-hand image is with dBpoweramp installed - the middle image is with dBpoweramp uninstalled - the right-hand image (an MP4 file to compare) was captured with dbPoweramp installed, but stays the same with it uninstalled.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	294536

What I don't understand is why the box in the first image shows "dBpoweramp", surely this box should not be there at all seeing as dBpoweramp's pop-ups are completely disabled?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

You could try reinstalling dBpoweramp, then enable the popups, and disable, they should go.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MWL
                    • Feb 2022

Hi,

Tried your suggestion - with additional PC restarts between changes - unfortunately no change.

I can advise that with MP4 files pop-ups work as expected, with dBpoweramp enabled a full info pop-up, with dBpoweramp disabled it reverts back to the Windows-pop-up.
                    Whatever the dBpoweramp pop-up config. (enabled or disabled) the MKV displays the blank-box with dBpoweramp written in it.

It's frustrating, as this used to work, currently stuck in limbo, can't get MKV pop-up working neither can it be fully disabled?

Regards

Comment

• MWL
                      • Feb 2022

In lieu of not being able to fix dBpoweramp's blank-pop-up, I've found another program that over-rides it and provides the same information - and works with all file types I've tested. So that will be what I'll use from now on.

Comment

Working...

]]>