title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Crashes

Crashes

I had 4 crashes checking a large number of files for corruption using coreconverter.exe. I received messages indicating that I should post the dump files here. Three dump files are in the attached zip file. I have another dump file for a coreconverter.exe hang for over 30 minutes that I had to terminate in Task Manager after requesting a dump. It's 59MB and this forum refuses to permit me to upload it. Please let me know if there's any way to provide it. I'm more concerned about that one than the others because it blocked the calling Perl script until I happened to discover that the output file wasn't being updated. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator

Re: Crashes

Please send us an email, you are using an older version (R17.3 vs R17.4), however I am not sure it is that which is the issue, we will give you a version you can test by email.

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Do the .dmp files contain the names of the files that caused the crashes? If so, can you please send me an email with those filenames? I have since overwritten the log and don't know which files CoreConverter crashed on. Thanks.

I did manage to find the name of the file that caused the 13936 crash and I have attached a new .dmp file for it using 17.4. I found that Windows Explorer crashes if I right-click on that file or attempt to drag it, so I had to type the name into a cmd.exe window. I also found that Foobar2000 processes that file successfully if I load the associated .cue file into Foobar2000. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Administrator

You can email us this music file?

Yes, but I might need to split it into several zip files. Where should I send it? Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Freonpsandoz View Post
    Yes, but I might need to split it into several zip files. Where should I send it? Thanks.
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

but if the file is as large as you say, perhaps instead upload it to a cloud service (like DROPBOX) and send @spoon a link to the file for downloading.

As a retired software engineer, I am at a total loss to understand the Dropbox UI. But I did send a link to the email address in that link. Let me know if it works and if you get the file. I had to wrap it in a zip file, as gazing on the actual file in Windows Explorer is deadly.

Administrator

Thanks for the File, the next update fixes the crash, the issue was this file is corrupted (has extra data not part of the audio on the end).

Great, thanks. I finally figured out that the other crashes were on the same file (I don't have good tools for searching binary files for UTF-16 text.)
    Last edited by Freonpsandoz; 02-01-2022 at 05:06 PM.