title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Firewall Ports for Synology?

Firewall Ports for Synology?

With the firewall disabled, I can get to the web UI and my clients can see the server. With the firewall enabled I can't do either.

I have worked out the web UI port, but I can't figure out the other ports required. I can't see anything in the documentation either. Not really happy running without the firewall.

Please advise.

Also, is Asset included in any of the bundle deals? I'm currently trialing it, to replace Twonky in a docker image on my Synology, but it's quite alot for something that gains me only a little (trying to work out what it gains me, other than saving the docker overhead, as it's got a decent search and I think most of the features). Buying in in a bundle deal might be the sway I need.

Administrator

Re: Firewall Ports for Synology?

The web port number is shown on the address bar of the browser, it is the number after :

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The web port number is shown on the address bar of the browser, it is the number after :
    I have added that, and I can access the web UI, it's whatever ports are needed to be opened for discovery that I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vim_Fuego View Post
    I have added that, and I can access the web UI, it's whatever ports are needed to be opened for discovery that I don't know.
    OK, have some progress...

TCP 45537 (Web UI)
    TCP/UDP 1900 (SSDP discovery)
    TCP 26125 (device description URL)

Administrator

Asset uses port 26125 + 1900