title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Dynamic Naming Problems in 17.3

  1. #16
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    41,293

    Re: Dynamic Naming Problems in 17.3

    [IFCOMP]\Various Artists\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]\[][]\[track] - [title]

    There were 4 issues in the previous naming string.

  2. #17
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    62

    Re: Dynamic Naming Problems in 17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    [IFCOMP]\Various Artists\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]\[][]\[track] - [title]

    There were 4 issues in the previous naming string.
    No, that isn't the string I want. I need the filename to be track number - artist - title.flac for compilations. Non compilatons should be track - title.flac

    That is what used to work on the string I have posted.

  3. #18
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,425

    Re: Dynamic Naming Problems in 17.3

    That way?

    [IFCOMP]\Various Artists\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]\[]\[track] - [title][]


    Dat Ei

  4. #19
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,960

    Re: Dynamic Naming Problems in 17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by husker View Post
    No, it doesn't. I'm convinced DBPoweramp isn't doing something correctly. It is creating a folder for each song, and dumping a file named "flac" in the folder. See here:

    Attachment 3066Attachment 3067

    I think the mask is correct - it shows correctly in the example. But, as you can see from the filename column in the previous post (as well as the pictures above), it isn't actually processing it correctly.
    Something is odd. It is certainly not a general problem with dbpa, as it's not affecting me or users I know, and I suspect there would be hundreds of posts if this was widespread. (You're the first one I've seen reporting this issue.). But obviously, something is wrong in the way dbpa is interacting with your system. But I'm out of ideas to debug. If it was me, I'd uninstall dbpa completely, then reinstall it and see if that solves the problem. See this info for true "clean" uninstall:

    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

  5. #20
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,960

    Re: Dynamic Naming Problems in 17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    That way?

    [IFCOMP]\Various Artists\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] - [album][IFMULTI] - [disc_total] CD[]\FLAC[IFMULTI]Disc [disc]\[]\[track] - [title][]


    Dat Ei

    this produces his desired outcome for me. (but very strange that his system is instead creating a "directory" with the file name info and then within that directory creating a file called "flac" that is not an actual flac file. It may have something to do with his CD ripper settings, but can't imagine what it would be. Maybe the setting related to creating a temp file (can't recall what that option is, and can't check at the moment as don't have drive connected).

  6. #21
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    62

    Re: Dynamic Naming Problems in 17.3

    I totally uninstalled DBPoweramp per the instructions, removed registry, etc. and reinstalled. Still, the problem remained.

    I went through Dat Ei mask character by character, and I found one character difference. I copied his, and it works. I have no idea what the original problem was, as I've used that mask for years, but it is now resolved.

    Thank you all for helping.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •