I just got the free trial of dbpoweramp reference with the intention to buy it if it works for me.
Unfortunately, it is not.

I am running under Windows 10 with an LG external Slim Portable DVD Writer Model SP80NB60 drive.

The software install went very smoothly, I started CD Ripper, really didn't change anything, and ripperd a music CD.
The ripping seemed to be going fine, except when I came back to the computer, CD Ripper was no longer up.
I figured that it finished the rip and shut down (though I thought that a bit odd).

I found the ripped files and they looked ok, so I tried to launch CD Ripper again from the dbpoeramp menu.
It looked like it was trying to launch because an icon would appear very briefly on my toolbar, but then it would disappear just as fast.

When I tried to launch CD Ripper from the start menu I got a message indicateg that CDGrabber could not be found.

I tried reinstalling but nothing changed.

Finally I unistated dbpoweramo, rebooted my pc, and reinstalled dbpoweramp.
THen CD Ripper launched again and I ripped a full CD with no problem while I watched.

When I tried to rip another one, however, the same thing happened as the first time.
Now I'm looking at uninstalling, rebooting and installing again.

I can't look at error logs because I cant get back into the software without uninstalling it.

I really like the program, but it seems very unstable.
Is there something I am doing wrong?
Do I need a different drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am anxious to rip my CD collection, and this software seems like the way to do it.

Chris W