title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Converting Audio 24bit Flacs to ALAC

Converting Audio 24bit Flacs to ALAC

Hey guys since the last update I've been getting tons of issues when converting FLAC files to ALAC. The batch converter and the file converter. I have to run the program several times to get the files to convert.

Is there something I'm missing?

Administrator

Re: Converting Audio 24bit Flacs to ALAC

Perhaps your security software, if there are any errors whilst converting, dBpoweramp would show them after converting. You see the Finished page after converting?

Yes, but honestly I never read those. I'll have to pay more attention.

But I can go from the batch to the audio converter or restart the software and tracks convert. But I've been having issues a lot since the last update.

Error converting to Apple Lossless, '/Volumes/Mac Drobo/iTunes Media/Flac/New/Madonna - True Blue (24-192) [HDTracks]/05 - Where's the Party.flac' to '/Volumes/Mac Drobo/iTunes Media/Automatically Add to Music.localized/05 - Where's the Party.m4a'
    Error audio file failed verification '/Volumes/Mac Drobo/iTunes Media/Automatically Add to Music.localized/05 - Where's the Party.m4a'.
    Encoder did not create file '/Volumes/Mac Drobo/iTunes Media/Automatically Add to Music.localized/05 - Where's the Party.m4a'

dBpoweramp Guru

Please can you try converting to a different local folder, that is not being monitored by any audio player software e.g. iTunes and report the result/errors.

WOW, So far so good!!! Thank you so much for your help! Another question does this software convert .ISO files or .DSD?

Administrator

Sorry no.

Converting to the automatically add to itunes folder, iTunes will add the file straight away.

Hello...On the off chance that you're not really adjusting the information, at that point it ought to be lossless. Along these lines, for instance, you have a 24/96 FLAC and you utilize a device like FFMPEG to interpret to WAV and afterward reencode to 24/96 ALAC, without modifying the first inspecting rate/design. All things considered you're not losing anything going to and fro.

In any case, on the off chance that you modify the melodic information in any capacity, it's not, at this point lossless. In this way, for instance, you have a 24/96 FLAC and you transcode that to 24/48 ALAC. For this situation you are adjusting the information. Two lossless organizations, yet the genuine transcode isn't.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SymonLie View Post
    Hello...On the off chance that you're not really adjusting the information, at that point it ought to be lossless. Along these lines, for instance, you have a 24/96 FLAC and you utilize a device like FFMPEG to interpret to WAV and afterward reencode to 24/96 ALAC, without modifying the first inspecting rate/design. All things considered you're not losing anything going to and fro.

In any case, on the off chance that you modify the melodic information in any capacity, it's not, at this point lossless. In this way, for instance, you have a 24/96 FLAC and you transcode that to 24/48 ALAC. For this situation you are adjusting the information. Two lossless organizations, yet the genuine transcode isn't.
    Looks like you have posted in the wrong thread!