title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Burst sounds better than Secure for insecure tracks ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Damper
    • Sep 2019

Burst sounds better than Secure for insecure tracks ?

I have a couple of CDs that I don't manage to rip securely, let alone Accurate. Now, what I found weird, is that the resulting rip sounds worse when I rip as Secure, than when I rip as Burst. Ripping as Secure, I can clearly hear some small hiccups here and there, where Burst sounds pretty good, even though it's not an AccurateRip rip.

Is this normal ?

I also have a couple other CDs that have one or two tracks that I can't rip accurately. The CDs don't even say they are copy protected. The insecure rips happen with 3 different drives that I tried, including the *1 on the Drive Accuracy list. Is this due to some manufacturing faults of the CDs ?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Burst sounds better than Secure for insecure tracks ?

Potentially this could happen, burst reads in one pass and job done, whereas secure goes back and re-reads sections. If the disc is very damaged (even intentionally with copy protection) the might have trouble locating the exact correct position to read from.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>