title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RPi vs Windows...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghosthost
    • Oct 2017

RPi vs Windows...

In my ongoing effort to migrate Asset from Windows to RPi, I've run into this odd issue:

Both servers are running against identical file sets
    Windows Asset (6.2) reports 84888 Tracks, 4236 Albums
    RPi Asset (6.7) reports 84850 Tracks, 4232 Albums

Ohhhh...kay. Anybody have an idea as to the best way I can sleuth this out?

Steve
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: RPi vs Windows...

WMA tracks?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ghosthost
      • Oct 2017

Re: RPi vs Windows...

No. I have no WMA files in my library: only FLAC, MP3, WAV and DSF formats. A handful of M4As as well, but both instances of Asset are configured to ignore those... and (as I should have said, both versions of Asset are configured identically). I suppose there could be something like special characters in filenames preventing the Linux OS from seeing certain files but that hasn't really borne much fruit as I'm seeing albums and artists with accented characters showing up in the RPi server just fine (although this WAS a problem - now solved - with playlists).

If I could figure out WHICH four albums (and judging from the track no. count, that seems to be a pretty close match to the number of missing albums) weren't showing up I think we'd figure out the issue in a hurry...

Perhaps I can run a couple of instances of Asset Control side by side and do a little comparison test later today...

- Steve

EDIT: Getting two instances of Asset Control to run side by side wasn't easy but I did it. One thing immediately became obvious: two albums whose titles begin with an ellipsis were in folders with a dot as the first character. Oops. Linux no-no. So HALF of the problem was solved right away. I'm guessing the other half will reveal itself similarly in short order.
      Last edited by ghosthost; 08-18-2020, 01:59 PM. Reason: UPDATED

Comment

Working...

]]>