title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Music Converter Not working

  1. #1
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    127

    Music Converter Not working

    HI spoon, I just redownloaded dboweramp on a new windows 10 laptop (having dutifully deleted the earlier version) using the first link, but the music converter is not working. When I click on it, it opens to THis PC / Documents / Custom Office Templates. The CD ripper and batch converter look fine. Please help. Can you hack into the system and sort it out?

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    40,375

    Re: Music Converter Not working

    If you run Music converter it can show an open file dialog of any location on the system, try browsing to where your music is, or instead right click on the music in File Explorer >> Convert To

  3. #3
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    127

    Re: Music Converter Not working

    But in all my earlier versions I would click on the converter and then add the files?

  4. #4
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    127

    Re: Music Converter Not working

    Ok thanks a ton. Once I started converting the files, it behaves normally.

  5. #5
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    127

    Re: Music Converter Not working

    I have another question: I was getting free updates till now. Why do I have to pay to update to 17? Are you following the JRiver model?

  6. #6
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,621

    Re: Music Converter Not working

    Quote Originally Posted by Partha View Post
    I have another question: I was getting free updates till now. Why do I have to pay to update to 17? Are you following the JRiver model?
    It's always been true (for me, going back many versions), that the .x updates are free (i.e., 16.0, to 16.1, 16.2, etc.), but updates to a new major version (i.e., from 16.x to 17) have a new charge. But spoon has always given a discount price to current users upgrading.

  7. #7
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    127

    Re: Music Converter Not working

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    It's always been true (for me, going back many versions), that the .x updates are free (i.e., 16.0, to 16.1, 16.2, etc.), but updates to a new major version (i.e., from 16.x to 17) have a new charge. But spoon has always given a discount price to current users upgrading.
    Ok. What is the major change? There has been very little publicity on this.

  8. #8
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,621

    Re: Music Converter Not working

    Quote Originally Posted by Partha View Post
    Ok. What is the major change? There has been very little publicity on this.
    This was posted April 13, 2020, regarding the new ver. 17.

    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...indows-amp-OSX

  9. #9
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    127

    Re: Music Converter Not working

    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    This was posted April 13, 2020, regarding the new ver. 17.

    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...indows-amp-OSX
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •