title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: how to use source Album filtering. Getting zero files synced.

how to use source Album filtering. Getting zero files synced.

Just downloaded the demo, but not clear on how to select specific albums only to copy from my NAS music folder. I have about 600 albums in my NAS music folder, and wish to use TuneFusion to copy selected albums only over to a USB flash drive, say about 40.

I cleared all ARTIST names, as I don't want all albums from each artist copied to my flash drive; I want to manually select albums.
    Under ALBUM I then checked off individual albums that I wanted to sync. But, zero data was copied to the flash drive. This is the log:

Sync started on Sunday, May 17, 2020, 20:15:13 PM to Removable Disk: USB64GB (G
    Library contains 0 tracks, 0 tracks requiring syncing
    Successfully completed in 7.6 seconds

Do I have to select the ARTIST names and then go to the next tab and also select the ALBUM names? That would be very time consuming, and confusing. I'd have to scroll through a few hundred ARTIST names, marking certain ones, then go to the much longer ALBUM listings and try to recall which ARTISTs I had selected on the previous tab and then select which of those albums I would like.

Not sure if there is a simple way to get this selection process to work. I had thought marking ALBUM selections by itself would suffice.

Administrator

Re: how to use source Album filtering. Getting zero files synced.

You should not remove artists this would do the exclusion of any albums you select which had that artist.

Instead you choose the option 'exclude all' on the album listing and then only check the albums which you want. Leave all the other tabs with all the check marks.

Re: how to use source Album filtering. Getting zero files synced.

Duh! Looking at it from your angle it makes sense. ARTIST is a first filter, then the ALBUM listing can come next as a secondary filter. Thanks.