title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cover art will not embed in flac folder in windows !), 54-bit

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Cover art will not embed in flac folder in windows !), 54-bit

I am not a computer geek, but I usually have zero trouble adding and embedding cover art into a FLAC File/Folder in Windows 10, 64-Bit, I just downloaded a FLAC Folder from Presto Classics which contains 35 FLAC Files. The cover art is a JPG. I cannot get the cover art to add or embed into the FLAC files. I have right clicked, left clicked, double clicked, etc.

Please tell me what I can do to get the cover art to add and to embed into the FLAC Files/

Thanks in advance,

Tom Swaman
    Last edited by Tom Swaman; 04-29-2020 at 02:56 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Cover art will not embed in flac folder in windows !), 54-bit

What software are you using, sounds like you're trying to do this with Windows File Explorer
    It needs to be done by a software program that edits metadata. I use a number of these, the open source ones are AudioShell (simple basic) & Mp3Tag, a bit more capable. Make sure the .jpg file is named "cover" or "folder" & not the name of the album or anything else

Administrator

Convert these FLAC files >> FLAC

sometimes FLAC files have malformed ID Tags which stop embedding, converting will correct any issues. Then try to add the art.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks Spoon. This is exactly what had happened. When I converted the FLAC files, the cover art embedded as it should.

Regards,

Tom Swaman