title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper: No CD Drive Found at CD Drive field

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • detritusuk
    • Apr 2020

CD Ripper: No CD Drive Found at CD Drive field

I have been a dbpoweramp user for a few years and never had an issue. However,the other day I knocked over my monitor for my main pc and broke the screen.

However, as I sometimes remote desktop into the pc anyway, I thought I would do the same just now using my laptop. However, this is the first time I have had an issue regarding functionality and remote desktop. I don't normally use the cd ripper tool whilst doing this but the message No CD drive found appears when I attempt to rip a cd.

Is there a way around this whilst using remote desktop?

Using windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks

Stephen
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper: No CD Drive Found at CD Drive field

CD drives are not accessible at a low level (CD Rippers need to be able to send SCSI commands to the drive directly, even though the drive seems to work under RDP if looking at windows file explorer, it is not low level access) using remote desktop. I think I once saw some registry changes you could make to get around this and make them accessible, you would have to search google on how to do it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• detritusuk
      • Apr 2020

Thanks Spoon, I wasnt aware or why this would be an issue. thank you.

Comment

• detritusuk
        • Apr 2020

Thanks to some inspiration by Spoon, I found this webpage that resolved my issue. Although the original article is written for a windows 7 device, the process is very similar for windows 10 64-bit solution.

Just incase anyone has any issues with accessing local storage other than the cd drive. This link resolved my remote desktop issue with saving to local non removable storage.

Or if like me, you have saved a remote desktop profile for accessing a pc, you can right click this, choose edit from the context menu and then choose more from the local resources tab.

Comment

• jenbooks
          • Mar 2022

That group policy worked for me - thank you for posting!

Comment

Working...

]]>