title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    16

    Lightbulb Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

    I have a large collection of 1300 digital albums and sync some to my iPhone and some to other devices. My selection method is to open the Album Artist window, check and item and move to the Album window to select an album or 2. I then go back to the Album Artist view to choose my next one but the view has returned to the top, making navigating a little slow and tedious. If the windows were sticky for the session I could move back and forth between the windows and make my selections a lot easier. Hopefully this makes sense.

    A better solution would be a folder view which would allow selecting an album artist (folder) and that opens sub folders for selection. A good example of this is the Batch Converter navigation panel. This on TuneFusion would be perfect.

    Thank you for creating affordable programs that fulfil the needs of audiophile junkies.

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,564

    Re: Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

    Quote Originally Posted by Corteq View Post
    I have a large collection of 1300 digital albums and sync some to my iPhone and some to other devices. My selection method is to open the Album Artist window, check and item and move to the Album window to select an album or 2. I then go back to the Album Artist view to choose my next one but the view has returned to the top, making navigating a little slow and tedious. If the windows were sticky for the session I could move back and forth between the windows and make my selections a lot easier. Hopefully this makes sense.

    A better solution would be a folder view which would allow selecting an album artist (folder) and that opens sub folders for selection. A good example of this is the Batch Converter navigation panel. This on TuneFusion would be perfect.

    Thank you for creating affordable programs that fulfil the needs of audiophile junkies.
    Agree 100%. I have thousands of artists and about 9000 albums. At any give time I only want to sync a handful of these to my iphone with foobar2000 mobile. But it is challenging as I need to scroll though a long ALBUM list looking for the correct albums (which are not organized by ARTIST). If I could select an artist or album artist, then select the specific albums I want, this would be so much easier. Thanks.

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    40,165

    Re: Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

    Looks like we need to release an updated beta, I have R1.3 and it orders the album listing by Artist - album

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    16

    Re: Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

    Well that's positive. Of course Artist is different from Album Artist. A preferred sort order is "Album Artist\Album", or a folder view which would give a similar result for most people.

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    40,165

    Re: Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

    R1.3 posted to the testing section of this forum.

  6. #6
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,564

    Re: Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

    Quote Originally Posted by Corteq View Post
    Well that's positive. Of course Artist is different from Album Artist. A preferred sort order is "Album Artist\Album", or a folder view which would give a similar result for most people.

    I've installed the 1.3 beta. A move in the right direction with [album artist] in front of album. But in my setup of over 8,000 albums, only a small percentage use the tag field album artist. So this new feature doesn't solve my problem in selecting only some albums, by artist. It would be fantastic if we could also get something equivalent that would list album by [artist] as well. Thanks.

    EDIT: ultimately, what would be perfect is something like the listing that comes up with batch convert. You see the directory tree, which allows one to see the artist folder, then any album folders underneath. I suspect 90% or more of users have their files organized in such a way.
    Last edited by garym; 01-12-2020 at 04:39 PM.

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    40,165

    Re: Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

    We have reissued the latest beta to include artist in the album if no album artist.

  8. #8
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,564

    Re: Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We have reissued the latest beta to include artist in the album if no album artist.

    Thanks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •