title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Encoding lossy as mp3 fails

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Encoding lossy as mp3 fails

I want to encode my FLAC files to mp3. I've set it up like this:
    - Re-encode Lossy As: mp3 (Lame)
    - Mode: Variable Bit Rate (VBR)

Right column: Copy 1:1 Audio Tracks Which Are: mp3 (only)

File Naming: Sub Path\Source Filename

Under 'Audio Types' I only have FLAC and mp3 checked.

This results in zero (lossy) tracks being encoded. The log says this:

Code:
    Sync started on Monday, 26 August 2019, 11:03:41 to foobar2000 on Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
    Sync incomplete.
     2 tracks, 2 tracks requiring syncing
     0 bytes synchronized
      Storing /_H/Hellfish - Black Death/Hellfish - Black Death - 01 Doctor Beak.mp3
      Unable to store /_H/Hellfish - Black Death/Hellfish - Black Death - 01 Doctor Beak.mp3
    Sync incomplete.
    Any idea what could be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance

Super Moderator

Re: Encoding lossy as mp3 fails

Thanks for the bug report.

Please get the latest foobar2000 mobile beta-
    https://www.foobar2000.org/test-android
    It introduces extensive debug logging of TuneFUSION operations, which should indicate in what way it failed.

Then, follow instructions from here to get the full telemetry-
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-TuneFUSION

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I can't test this anymore since the trial has expired. I would buy the software after I know it works properly if you understand what I mean

dBpoweramp Guru

Peter,
    Did you get the second log set I emailed you on August 5th? I'm not sure my email is getting through.

Super Moderator

( Replied in private message with new instructions, to both )

Thanks for the PM Peter, things work (much better) now with the foobar mobile beta version and the info you send me through PM.

Only really weird thing now is that when I manually want to start a sync the program instantly shuts down. When opened again it says it synced successfully. So only when there are changes detected (?) or with 'When to Sync' (currently set to 'Re-sync Every: 6 hours') option under 'Advanced Sync Options' it will sync it seems.

Here's the TuneFusion log:
    Code:
    Sync started on Saturday, 31 August 2019, 11:28:39 to foobar2000 on Xiaomi MI 5s

Sync started on Saturday, 31 August 2019, 11:32:06 to foobar2000 on Xiaomi MI 5s
     Library contains 162 tracks, 162 tracks requiring syncing
     Device has 72,06 GB free space, 0 bytes already synchronized
      Storing /_A/America - * 1973 Horse With No Name (1973)/01. A Horse With No Name.mp3
    ..................................................................................... (all the other tracks)
      Storing /_S/Syl Kougaļ - Twinkling One (*T01) 2013/01. Twinkling Two.mp3
      Transfer error: Data stream timeout
      Unable to store /_S/Syl Kougaļ - Twinkling One (*T01) 2013/01. Twinkling Two.mp3
    Sync incomplete.

Sync started on Saturday, 31 August 2019, 11:36:52 to foobar2000 on Xiaomi MI 5s
    Sync incomplete.

Sync started on Saturday, 31 August 2019, 12:07:03 to foobar2000 on Xiaomi MI 5s

Sync started on Saturday, 31 August 2019, 12:07:34 to foobar2000 on Xiaomi MI 5s
     Library contains 159 tracks, 50 tracks requiring syncing
     Device has 71,22 GB free space, 281,67 MB already synchronized
      Storing /_Techno, House, Minimal (Dance)/Belief Defect - Decadent Yet Depraved (RM 178) 2017/01. Unnatural Instinct.mp3
    ......................................................................................................................... (all the other tracks)
      Storing /Somatic Responses - Circumflex (1999) [FLAC]/01 Umbrella.mp3
    Successfully completed in 2 minutes 27 seconds

Sync started on Saturday, 31 August 2019, 12:12:08 to foobar2000 on Xiaomi MI 5s
    So in the first run it ran into an error:
    Transfer error: Data stream timeout
    Unable to store "..."

And when you see:
    Sync started on Saturday, 31 August 2019, 12:07:03 to foobar2000 on Xiaomi MI 5s

Sync started on Saturday, 31 August 2019, 12:07:34 to foobar2000 on Xiaomi MI 5s

I means that after the first run of '31 August 2019, 12:07:03' the program just instantly shuts down, but does report a successful sync. And when I open the software again it will actually run '31 August 2019, 12:07:34' and perform the actions without shutting down.

I'm on my old phone now btw, because I don't use the Playstore anymore. So I couldn't download the beta version of the foobar app on my new phone. But on my old phone I can't retrieve the foobar mobile logs, which DID work on my new phone. I saved the logs on my old phone, but when I connect my old phone to my PC and browse that folder it's empty. While on my phone it clearly shows the logs...