Hi,
Just recently bought dbpa with the intention of ripping my cd collection. My simple process is to use dbpa to rip each cd to flac (for archive purposes and for possible hard drive hifi set up in the future and dedicated portable player) and 320 mp3 (for tablet, phone etc)
I'm not planning on playing anything via my laptop, it's just a tool for the ripping process, storage and distribution to other devices.
My queries are - best ripping process?
- best software for simple transfer of albums to devices?
So far I tried simply ripping the cd twice which worked well for me and there were no issues.
I also tried setting up dbpa to do the flac and mp3 rip at the same time but i found when I tried this that often the basic tag info would differ. For example, part of album name missing or genres being different etc
I know another option would be to rip to flac and transfer to mp3.
With me having more spare time than technical knowledge...haa....I'm considering just ripping twice.
What are peoples thoughts on that?
I read that people like foobar if they are listening to music using the laptop and the wmp gets a bit of a bashing.
I will be using an app called Rocketplayer on my phone and tablet and only using the laptop for transfer so would wmp be ok for the simple process of clicking and dragging albums as long as I disable any other actions on it?
Apologies for the length of message and basic knowledge. I'll get there hopefully with some good help on here.
Cheers