I have both a Plextor PS-891SAF PLUS and a Pioneer BDR-209D. So, a DVD and a BluRay drive respectively. And both of them have a specific problem with Secure and Ultra Secure ripping. It's not really accurate to call it a stutter or even a stammer. The drives basically read in tiny bursts. They'll spin a disc up, read a little bit, then spin down, then spin up, read a little bit, then spin down, ad nauseum. This is so severe, that simply secure ripping even a pristine, new CD will take over 12 hours. This can't possibly be good for the drive motors!

I've deleted the ATAPI driver instances from Device Manager then restarted the machine. It didn't help. I tried a purportedly common registry edit (something I hate doing and deeply distrust), only to find it didn't help either. Both are supposed to be very good optical drives. But, they are functionally worthless on anything other than Burst mode in dBpoweramp.
I'm fairly certain this is some kind of problem within Windows 10, but absolutely cannot find a way to solve this. (I don't really know how to replicate that kind of task in a Linux distro either, so I can't really offer comparison)

Anyone have any advice on the matter? Has anyone else even experienced the same thing or similar? I'll go back through the ASRock BIOS-UEFI settings and see if there's something I've missed there. But, even then, I'm at something of a loss -- I mean, I wouldn't bother everyone else if I weren't. LOL